Oberon vs 3000i 5.1

Johnboy 130

Novice Member
Looking for some advice.

The current setup is str dn1080 and mordant short genie speakers, and a dali e12. The size of the room 3m by 3m

Looking to upgrade the speakers and are looking at 2 options

Dali Oberon thinking 5s for front and 1 for rear coupled with the vokal.

Or

Q acoustic 3000i range 3050i fronts and 3020i rear. With 3090i.

My question which would be better suited, they both pros mainly cost with QA Vs smaller size of dali.

Ideally would like speakers close to wall, but read that this may cause bloom on the bass. If this is case how far generally is recommended distance from the wall, does port bungs make difference?

I heard generally the dali sound better, but do they sound nearly twice as good, as the price indicate?

Is there volume were they sound best and is likely to overpower the room, trying to achieve it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

password1

Distinguished Member
Neither, the Oberon 5 have gone up in price, under £500 when launched, now retail £700+

The 3000i range are ok budget speakers.

My vote would be the newer Mission LX mark 2 range. With a choice of 3 floorstanders, 3 standmounts, 2 centres and a dedicated height/surround speakers, you should be able to find a suitable combination of speakers.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You could also add the older Q Acoustics concept speaker configuration. The Concept 40's, centre and 20 finished in black are still available and I suspect for the money, you will struggle to find a better speaker solution. for a woofer, if you're after a bargain, then you could add a gloss black finished SB100

Now I feel not much on the market would outperform this as a combination
Q Acoustics Concept 40 GB
Q Acoustics Concept Centre GB
Q Acoustics Concept 20 GB
SVS SB1000 GB

I know our stock on the Concept 40 and Centre we only have one pair in GB and a single Concept Centre left and once they're gone, they're gone forever as they're now discontinued

The only thing to be aware of is the no speaker really enjoys being close to a wall and this could be a small headache regardless of which speakers you move to especially if they're rear ported

password1

Distinguished Member
You could also add the older Q Acoustics concept speaker configuration. The Concept 40's, centre and 20 finished in black are still available and I suspect for the money, you will struggle to find a better speaker solution. for a woofer, if you're after a bargain, then you could add a gloss black finished SB100

Now I feel not much on the market would outperform this as a combination
Q Acoustics Concept 40 GB
Q Acoustics Concept Centre GB
Q Acoustics Concept 20 GB
SVS SB1000 GB

I know our stock on the Concept 40 and Centre we only have one pair in GB and a single Concept Centre left and once they're gone, they're gone forever as they're now discontinued

The only thing to be aware of is the no speaker really enjoys being close to a wall and this could be a small headache regardless of which speakers you move to especially if they're rear ported
From experience of having owned the concept 40s and now the concept 20s, the 40s require a lot more space with and without the bungs. They have a large rear firing port. The 20s aren't as sensitive to boundaries even though they are rear ported albeit a much smaller port.

If the sub is doing the bass duties, concept 20s for the front left and right may be more suitable for smaller spaces.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom