Obama

karkus30

Ex Member
Reaction score
Was wandering through the vast tracts of misinformation on the interweb and came across a website claiming Obama had a 'secret past' that has been patched over. Likening him to a manchurian candidate. I tripped over a book by John Mariotti and D.M Lucas called Hope is not a strategy and a website called 'Forbes'.

I'm not going further than that, because there is something fishy going on. There is no retraction, but any website connected to this subject has been torn down with no explanation given.

It points to one of two things:

Either these authors have created a conspiracy by pretending their sites and articles have been censored. In other words a clever marketing ploy. Even Amazon in the uk does not appear to stock that particular book despite it being 'supposedly' written by two well known people.

Or there is some truth in it and it really is being censored.

I'm minded to think its a clever marketing ploy because I can't figure out why Obama would need to hide his past anyway. He was a candidate and anyone could have checked his back ground prior to becoming a candidate and simply found someone similar to replace him.

Would be interested in other peoples opinions if you can be bothered to do a search.

From a quick dig it looks like a self-published book - seems to be available on Amazon US though.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
kav said:
From a quick dig it looks like a self-published book - seems to be available on Amazon US though.

You think then that it's just a sort of publicity scam. Open some blogs, publish articles etc and then withdraw them.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
MikeTV said:
It's all true - Obama is actually Michael Jackson's lovechild.

I know, it is america, the land of a billion paranoid delusions and conspiracies. That's what you get I suppose when you can no longer trust a Government and you are fed a constant diet of fear for breakfast, lunch and supper.

The Forbes one is a bit odd - the article appears and then disappears which to me seems like an issue with the web page rather than a conspiracy - if they wanted to remove it from their site they would just remove it. A lot of the stuff online does seem like self-drummed up publicity though, as opposed to formal recognition from credible sources. (That's not to say that what they have to say is not worth investigating, mind you.)

Let me guess, Obama didn't really go to the moon.
Why am I reminded of the individual in the UK who started the MMR scare just to make money?

I know, it is america, the land of a billion paranoid delusions and conspiracies. That's what you get I suppose when you can no longer trust a Government and you are fed a constant diet of fear for breakfast, lunch and supper.
I'm glad that you recognise it as conspiracy nonsense because, with respect, you were sounding like a bit of a crackpot in the OP.

:thumbsup:

MikeTV said:
I'm glad that you recognise it as conspiracy nonsense because, with respect, you were sounding like a bit of a crackpot in the OP.

:thumbsup:

Thing is, it's travelled. The Internet is a marvellous thing because it's so subtle and viral. By the way I consider that I AM a crackpot and long may I stay that way. :)
Imagination is such a gift and I treasure it.

kav said:
The Forbes one is a bit odd - the article appears and then disappears which to me seems like an issue with the web page rather than a conspiracy - if they wanted to remove it from their site they would just remove it. A lot of the stuff online does seem like self-drummed up publicity though, as opposed to formal recognition from credible sources. (That's not to say that what they have to say is not worth investigating, mind you.)

That's what it seemed to be. I can't really grasp the significance of Obamas hidden past either. Unless we discover he is one of those Lizard things David Ike has hiding in his wardrobe. :)

Thing is, it's travelled. The Internet is a marvellous thing because it's so subtle and viral. By the way I consider that I AM a crackpot and long may I stay that way. :)
Imagination is such a gift and I treasure it.
The book is just a republican smear campaign against Obama. Forbes is just a propaganda mouthpiece for the republicans.

If a man like George dubya with an unprecedented history of ****wittery can become the president then obama has nothing to be scared of.

Well I can remember Bush being referred to as the Manchurian Candidate when he was pretzildent. It fitted with the whole moron-puppet-controlled-by-evil-neocons shtick at the time. It's probably why Hollywood, not known for its right-wing sympathies released the remake of the Manchurian Candidate film in the run up the 2004 US elections.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom