Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Barack Obama. Why?

OK he's a positive in a world of negatives but he still is only a few months into office and he still has not accomplished anything that he/we hope he can.
So is this award for the things he may do in the future? :confused:

There are more worthy people in the world that deserve this accolade other than president Obama, who has recently announced that he is to increase troops into Afghanistan.

What's next, giving Tony Blair a peace envoy role in the middle east. :devil:

I think it's because he's going in the right direction for peace. :smashin:

More than that warmongering monkey ever did, anyway. :rotfl:

Seems crazy, I've no doubt he could have earnt this in due time, but this makes a mockery of the prize.

When you think if all the little people running around behind the scenes doing real work in dangerous situations , this seems plain daft, he's simply done nothing at this point.

I think Foebane has hit the nail on the head. Replacing Bush with Obama was the most significant event for World peace in a long time. Although giving him a Nobel Prize for doing his job........

Maybe at the end of his term in office, possible and only if he managed to solve the middle east problems (which I doubt). But now? What the? Seems completely random and to be honest a little arse licking going on.

In comparrison to Bush, he certainly seems peacefull.

but i agree it does seem a bit premature, can they be taken back, because he may not deserve it if next month he nukes iran.

I wish i was at home so i could see what fox news had to say about it, i love those guys, "fair and balanced" :rotfl: gets me every time.

There are more worthy people in the world that deserve this accolade other than president Obama, who has recently announced that he is to increase troops into Afghanistan.

That's my thoughts too. There are people out there who have dedicated their lives to life saving research or technology that probably deserve it much more. On the other hand didn't they give Bono a Peace Prize? Maybe the Whole Nobel comittee needs a reshuffling.

The worlds gone mad. Lets hope he donates the $1.4 million to charity.

There are people out there who have dedicated their lives to life saving research or technology that probably deserve it much more.
that's what the Nobel prizes in "Physiology or Medicine", "Physics" and "Chemistry" are frequently for
On the other hand didn't they give Bono a Peace Prize?
No they didn't

Last edited:
Its obvious why he got the award, its the only way to stop Kanye West storming on stage, barging the eminent scientist out of the way and saying, "Yeah I know you cured cancer but my man Obama .... "

Some scientist who has spent his life and pioneered something that will profoundly affect humanity is now sitting with a confused look on his face becuase he has been overlooked in favour of a man who has done nothing but talk a good game.

The worlds gone mad.

Some scientist who has spent his life and pioneered something that will profoundly affect humanity is now sitting with a confused look on his face becuase he has been overlooked in favour of a man who has done nothing but talk a good game.

What nonsense: scientists are awarded Nobel prizes for other 'subjects'

Lets take an example of a scientist who toils away. Stephen Chu springs to mind - he toiled away for years, developing methods to cool atoms down using lasers. He was duly awarded the 1997 Nobel prize of physics.

Last year Obama made him energy secretary.

Last edited:

The worlds gone mad.

You appear to be confusing the Nobel peace prize with the various Nobel science prizes.

I think the scientific Nobel prizes are still worthy accolades but the Peace Prize has become little more than a joke given the track record of some of its winners in recent years.

The work of the internet police is never done :thumbsup:

Attachments

• duty_calls.png
    duty_calls.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 71
I stand corrected Internet Police .. :smashin:

Krish's post (the one just before yours) explained there were different Nobel prizes for science... :smashin: :)

Peace prize? Realy? A ****ing war nearly broke out in this thread!

/grabs popcorn!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom