1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oasis new album - back to their best ?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by common, May 9, 2002.

1. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I managed to get hold of Heathen Chemistry which is the new album by Oasis - For any fans out theirs all I will say is it's superb. A real mix of vintage Oasis, a bit of Ian Brown and of course a splash of the Beatles.

Bloody excellent

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    I could put up with Oasis if it wasn't for the nasal whine of their so-called singer. If only they would get rid of him and let someone else sing.

3. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It doesn't matter if they ever do get back to their best, as their best is simply recycled toss anyway.

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Glad to see the standard of comment is rising again! :rolleyes: :D

I think 'Morning Glory' is one of the best albums ever. From the way they act/talk now I find it amazing that they were capable of such brilliance!
    I like the new single, will maybe give the new album a go. Last two were pretty average though!

5. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    'Definetly Maybe' is by far their best album, and even that I can only describe as average. It was helped by the rebellious anti-authority attitude it was swabbed with. Now they have tea at No.10. 'Morning Glory' was a cash in - simply boring, immature and unoriginal. It's about time these idiots split and made way for genuine artists.

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Genuine artists like who? Will Young & Gareth Gates? Robbie Williams (aka Fat Dancer From take That). Or possibly Radiohead....who are now living in their own little world and don't want anyone to listen to their recent music at all. Maybe Travis....yawn. :p

I listened to the new Oasis album as well. I think most people will be pleasantly surprised because they have completely re-invented their style of music. The Hindu Times and Better Man are the only two tracks that sound like their old stuff. Heathen Chemistry is undoubtedly on a par with Morning Glory. Definately Maybe will never be bettered. Maybe it was helped in sales terms by their rebellious attitude but that's not the reason I listen to Oasis. I think Liam is a complete and utter ****.

You can probably tell I'm a big Oasis fan and have seen them live many many times but I will freely admit that Be Here Now and Standing on the Shoulder of Giants were very poor albums.

Heathen Chemistry is great. I defy anyone who hears Song Bird, Little by Little and Born on a Different Cloud, and says they don't like them.

Roll on the 30th June when I'll be seeing them live again... :cool:

7. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The new Oasis album just confirms they are the best rock band in the world. Finsbury park here I come

8. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Hindu times, very beatles
    Oasis have had it!! big time. Radiohead are a world wide band, and write far better songs then oasis. The new track by cooper temple clause, sounds like oasis, only much better.:rolleyes: Life long city fans my @rse they would not get out alive, if they show face in the parkview (citys local). The thing that helped them to get their name "Cheeky load mouth mancs" but they are hated at city and across the city, my brother Danny went to st marks in burnage with noel, and says he was a soft tw@t, so the hard manc act is fake,and Liam is nothing but an Ian brown wanabe. So as i have said before, the have done and will do, nothing for manchester, while new order, the mondays, and the roses mad a big impact on our city-and are loved, not oasis never:mad:

9. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear old Seany Boy - I was waiting on your reply :clown:.

Radiohead used to be a world wide band.....have you heard Kid A or Amnesiac. what the fudge is going on there?:confused: Radiohead's first three albums were magnificent but they have completely lost the plot. Thom Yorke even stated outright he didn't want people to buy Amnesiac or Kid A! I wish I had listened to him. Why release them at all - they certainly weren't for the fans. The guy in HMV did his best to talk me out of buying Kid A.

And who cares how "hard" the Gallaghers propose to be, I know I could take both of them without much effort :D .Liam would probably bite my ears off though so it wouln't be worth it.

Why so much hostility towards Oasis? The Mondays and the Roses were great bands and did a whole lot more for Manchester but that doesn't make Oasis's music ****e does it?:mad:

Give Heathen Chemistry a try - I guarantee you'll be surprised at the change in music style.

10. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I feel the need to defend Radiohead!
    I think Kid A and Amnesiac are two fantastic albums! The Pyramid Song is an absolute masterpiece (IMHO).
    People have difficulty with a band changing their style - it happened with U2 as well, lots of their 'fans' hated the Zooropa stuff.
    Personally I love change - if you want to listen to their old stuff it is still available, but I welcome the new! ;)

And as for Sean, he is a secret Man Utd fan!

11. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,531
    Radiohead...i don't care about how good their music is....because, after listening to just one of their songs...I WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE........they are just so depressing, OMG....if i never here them again, i wouldn't care less....!!

As for Oasis, well their best album was Defintely Maybe by quite a way..

12. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BORING?!?

13. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The truth is that Radiohead are a far bigger band on the world stage,and make cutting edge music. Man U !!!! never; i just think there are better bands making better stuff. Radiohead make far better tracks then oasis, and i side with lex about the last 2 albums, but it's what u like really. I think oasis is rock-pop by numbers. I like the doves (former Sub sub) i saw U2 at the Gmex in machester 1992 and again in leeds round 98 and i thought they'd lost the edge (shut-up lex) or never liked leeds:rolleyes: True they are not really as bad as i make out, but super band they aint (oasis that is)

14. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Well I come back to this thread after a few days and I find some damn funny stuff... Firstly the thought that Radiohead are anything more than stuck up their own sun shelters, that maybe I reckon Robbie Williams is a 'genuine artist' - genuine **** perhaps so - and this misconception that Oasis are a 'rock' (what the fudge?) band. Rock band my hairy backside.

15. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Because i'm not mad on rock, and someone aint keen on house does not make them crap, it just makes them crap to that person. This is sort of one of those's pointless debates. Some like Oasis, i don't. Pointon's thinks radiohead are $hit, i like em-but i hate metal-rock (99% of it anyway) But still i say that nothing is bigger then house in this country (not the charty stuff), like it or not (i do) It's really where you'll find sex drugs and rock&roll all in one place:kisses: If you like that sort of thing;)

16. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,321
    Good or Bad its only 8.99 at Play

17. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As do I, being a true metal/rock fan... most of it is total pants.

Doesn't change the fact that Oasis are crap, and more pop than rock. True I don't like the sound personally, but that doesn't mean I'm blinkered to bands making said sound who are either good, or - as in the case of Oasis - toss.

18. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This thread just gets better :p .

19. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a true metal fan pointon. who are the true old breed rock gods? Led zep, metalica, iron maiden. You don't like that $hit thats half rap half rock (if thats what you call it) do you?

20. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Seany Boy, you left out Guns 'n Roses :D.

21. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I only like long hair on chicks:rolleyes: There is a club called rock world in town, and god rock chicks are ugly!!! Not like the birds in areosmith's vids:confused:

I bet he loves the Quo.:rolleyes:

22. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :rolleyes:

23. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    The thing that I've noticed about all the Oasis albums I've listened to is the abysmal recording quality - they sound absolutely awful on my system

24. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,531
    well, you can blame Noel Gallaghers production technique for that!!

25. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have to say Oasis' first two albums were simply amazing, they're third attemp would have been OK if it didn't go on & on and they're fourth attemt was pretty average. The fifth album sounds really good from the rough mixes I've heard (downloadable on audiogalaxy etc...). BTW Ive' just ordered they're fourth album on SACD - CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Official Statement about leaked album tracks:

Attached Files:

26. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Zepelin and Metallica are fine, but Pantera is more my mug of absynth. Maiden, Black Sabbath, AC/DC - no thanks. This rap metal/rock fad mostly ****es me off totally, except for bands such as Rage Against The Machine and Biohazard, who manage to blend the two properly, instead of disguising really bad hip hop as even worse metal (Limp ****bit, Korn, Linkin park, Papa Roach :mad: ).

As for rock chicks... you've obviously only seen the ugly cloned goth/punk sheep who in a bid to look different and unique, end up looking exactly the same as one another. Now I could show you some true, real good looking rock chicks...

As for Oasis: Lex - always nice to see people using constructive criticism instead of getting personal.

Oasis have never rocked. They're more of a 'gentle sway'.

27. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    I'd agree with your list with one addition - Slayer

28. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like rage against the machine. Not an expert on them. 'bullit in the head' is a great track. They did do that-right?

29. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! That's the funniest thing I have heard all day!

Here are a few selections of pointon's comments on this thread:

"their best is simply recycled toss anyway"

"It's about time these idiots split and made way for genuine artists."

"Well I come back to this thread after a few days and I find some damn funny stuff... "

"and this misconception that Oasis are a 'rock' (what the fudge?) band. Rock band my hairy backside."

"in the case of Oasis - toss"

Fantastic "constructive criticism" there pointon! :rolleyes:

30. Seany boy!!!

Seany boy!!!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now lady's you were getting on so well :rolleyes: just because pointon dislikes the way liams sings shhhhhnnnnn at the end of every word, and lex dislikes grown men who use more hairspray then my aunt kathleen. Thats no reason for upset;)