• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

o2 XDA Mini S Bluetooth File Sharing

M

mharwood

Is it possible for the xda mini s to actually file share via bluetooth with other mobile phones as i always get an error message of unable to connnect even when the phones are paired.
Thank You

B

BiroNibbler

Make sure you're doing it right. You need to have Bluetooth switched on in Comm's Manager. Then, using file explorer, touch and hold the file you want to send, and select 'Beam file' from the drop-down menu. On most occasions, you'll need to enter a passkey into both devices before the transfer can take place. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's entered the same into both handsets - I just use 0000.

Hope this helps, good luck :smashin:

bydandie

This is a failure within WM5 I'm afraid. File share over B/T doesn't work.

Uridium

Distinguished Member
bydandie said:
This is a failure within WM5 I'm afraid. File share over B/T doesn't work.

Yes it does, exactly as in post2. Just transfered a video from my Mini S to a friend K800i using that exact method.

When you hold the stylus down and choose beam file it first checks for an IRDA connection then if it can't find one it searches for nearby BT devices.

Admittedly it would be far simpler if it gave you a menu option for send via BT but I seem to recall that Resco Explorer adds this.

bydandie

That's fair enough, I have I/R switched off to improve battery life. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom