O2 Upgrade Decisions

Pumauk

So,

I'm due my upgrade on o2- currently on £30 p/m 200mins 500txts- 12 month contract.

O2 are only offering for £35 p/m- 600mins, 1000txts, long weekends- 18month contract. With a free N95.

Otherwise its a simplicity tariff- £25 p/m for same as the 18month above.

Not sure which way to go.... I want a new phone, but as there are plenty of new ones just round the corner I might want to wait- is it worth going on simplicity tariff (which i gather is the same as contract except I can cancel with 1 months notice?)- or go on a new 18month contract and could always sell the N95 down the line?

Whats my best choice? And how comes O2 won't offer any better as Im a loyal customer?

Cheers

Pumauk

Yeah I've looked through those tariffs thanks- My choices would be between:

£35 p/m (600mins, 1000txts, long weekends) - With free N95

£25 p/m Simplicity- 1month notice to cancel (600mins, 1000txts, long weekends) - No phone

They havent offered me any other tariff and I've threatened to cancel :rolleyes:

Should I go on a 18month contract to get a N95 that I can later sell...... or go on simplicity so i can go on contract when there more choice out there...

T

ticfever

Be careful with this -

First look around for a better deal elsewhere and then go back to O2 and ask them to better it.
Watch out though - the retention team quote prices without VAT - so make sure it is like for like comparison.
If you want to haggle over the type of phone - they may throw in a better one just to seal the deal.

Cheers
:thumbsup:

sjj84

Are you not happy with the contract that you are already on? If you are, just upgrade to the N95 for free.

andykn

So,

I'm due my upgrade on o2- currently on £30 p/m 200mins 500txts- 12 month contract.

O2 are only offering for £35 p/m- 600mins, 1000txts, long weekends- 18month contract. With a free N95.

Otherwise its a simplicity tariff- £25 p/m for same as the 18month above.

Not sure which way to go.... I want a new phone, but as there are plenty of new ones just round the corner I might want to wait- is it worth going on simplicity tariff (which i gather is the same as contract except I can cancel with 1 months notice?)- or go on a new 18month contract and could always sell the N95 down the line?

Whats my best choice? And how comes O2 won't offer any better as Im a loyal customer?

Cheers

The N95-8GB is due out, but not worth waiting for in my opinion.

I avoid 18 month contracts like the plague - I'm convinced they're for the networks' benefit and not yours. I'd look around for the best deal you can get for the N95 on a 12 month contract (T-Mobile have the best data rates if you wanbt to do much surfing or downloading) and if O2 won't match it, get your PAC code and change networks.

You can then get the successor to the N95 when it's out in 12 months.

Pumauk

How about the simpicity tariffs- they only have 30months notice to cancel and I would get 600mins 1000txts + long weekends for £25 p/m like that- works out i'd save £180 over the 18 months so could buy a N95 for that on ebay probably (they seem to be going for 200-250).

andykn

How about the simpicity tariffs- they only have 30months notice to cancel and I would get 600mins 1000txts + long weekends for £25 p/m like that- works out i'd save £180 over the 18 months so could buy a N95 for that on ebay probably (they seem to be going for 200-250).

I'm not an expert on tariffs, I'm afraid.

But what about when you want to upgrade to the successor to the N95 in 12 months?

Pumauk

Well o2 only offer exisiting customers the same deal as new ones so i could just go on a lengthy contract when a phone i really want turns up...

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom