o2 "unlimited" web browsing bolt on

Did you watch video or download any files?
No. In fact there is no way I could possibly have used anywhere near 1GB that month, but O2 wasn't interested in listening. :mad: Anyway, 1GB appears to be their limit, although they don't make that public.

Thats 33megs a day. See I want to use mine for emailing but after reading all the forums its looking less and less positive! If they cancel it do they just instantly stop charing you? I noticed I have to pay 1 month in advance!

Thats 33megs a day. See I want to use mine for emailing but after reading all the forums its looking less and less positive! If they cancel it do they just instantly stop charing you? I noticed I have to pay 1 month in advance!
If you go over the limit in one month you will get a warning message advising you to cut back on your usage. If you go over for a second month in a row they will cut off your data connection entirely from the point when you go over the limit until your next bill payment. At that point the connection gets turned on again.

Obviously any data that goes to and fro over wifi doesn't count towards the limit, and you can also connect the phone to a PC with the cable and then use the PC's internet connection (while running ActiveSync). That doesn't count either.

OK...more figures have surfaced for me.

So i'm on Web + Text pay as you go which has 'unlimited' web. I got a text saying i was close to my 500MB limit and would be charged £3/MB after that. In fact, i am very suspicious of that £3/MB or the warning text came very late because it tore through my £31 credit in a few minutes of only instant messaging. grrr

So i phoned up to ask whether i could purchase more usage just for this month (im awway from home and will be using it extensively) she ONLY told me about O2Web for £7.50 even though i asked if there was anything with a higher limit, i'd have paid it as a one off. She ASSURED me that even though the literature and contract say 200MB, it will allow me to use another 500MB before being charged.

....actually its probably just easier to buy pay as you go mobile broadband dongle which is £15 for 3Gb for a month. Its only 20p/MB if you go over the 3GB limit

I notice the Simplicity tarriffs on the o2 website which included Unlimited Web have all gone up in price. My Simplicity 20 (600 mins/1200 texts) with web is £20 per month, but it's now £25 on the site. It would suggest they are struggling? If anything, prices should be coming down.

O2 don't compete on price. I was told this by the sales rep recently, they think they're superior and don't give a s.. about certain customers, ahem. O well, to ORANGE i went.. and a good thing it was as the Tmob merge means better signal for me, soon.

O2 are growing nonetheless, home phone/broadband is their next big move and the quality of their infrastructure should remain strong. I guess you pay for quality with O2. Despite their careless customer care division (oh the irony), their network service is probably the best out there.

I've never really had a problem with o2, and any that I have has been rectified pretty swiftly with o2 CS. I'm currently looking to invest in my first smartphone. I'm currently on o2 simplicity 20 (600mins, 1000 texts) with unlimited web bolt on for £20p/m.

Just trying to get my head around this as I've seen that o2 now have simplicity for smartphones (less minutes but unlimited texts and unlimited data) for £20 or £25p/m (for same minutes I have now). Would it be worth me switching to this tariff?

Is unlimited web and unlimited data the same thing? I don't want to get caught out by the former if data is capped (for info - I guess I'd be youtubing a little, checking e-mails, surfing the net)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom