O2 to O2 number transfer

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by freddie5, Jul 2, 2015.

1. freddie5

freddie5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +274
    Hello, I am currently on an O2 refresh plan to which I have one more payment on my handset charge, then it's new phone time.
    My question is if I were to take out a NEW O2 contract via Carphone Warehouse, could I get my old number transferred (and effectively terminating my O2 refresh tariff) from my O2 Refresh to my new O2 contract, as there are better deals available this way as opposed to a simple upgrade??
    I would like to keep my number as it's the only one I've had since my first phone in 1992!!

Thanks.

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    You should be able to do this if CPW have O2 access rights.
    We did this, keeping the original mobile phone number) when we moved from a T-mobile contract (T-mobile are now owned by EE) to an EE contract purchased through CPW. It took about 10 minutes and 3 phone calls, 2 to CPW and one to EE to get them to remove some "software block" on their system that CPW spotted.

3. Dodgy_Geezer

Dodgy_Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    I've done this before too moving from an Orange Pay Monthly to an Orange Business Pay Monthly and also an Orange PYG to an Orange Pay Monthly.

Otherwise, you can always port out to a PAYG SIM and then port back in again to a new O2 tariff at CPW.