o2 speed gone slow

accyuklad

Ex Member
Reaction score
anyone getting this problem this is first time it started off i gettin under 8meg now i getting under 3meg speed downloading

i usly get 19meg max all the time so now at night i getting under 3meg now anyone know what is going on

i am also having problem. Decent connection during the day and after 4 oclock speed goes right down and right now I am only getting 2 mb instead of 12.5 mb and ping is 105ms instead of 21ms.:thumbsdow

I just have over an hour long conversation with O2 and second line team member read out some kind of message saying that there is outage somwhere in manchester that will effect peoples I don't remember which area but he did confirm that there is problem that will affect during certain hours of the day. He said that problem from their should hoplfully be sorted in 2 to 3 days.

well i give it till monday if still slow at night gunna ring them

Last edited:
Mine is up again today (obviously) and o2 email response was basically, "your speed is fine."

So I too will wait until Monday and when it drops at peak time, I'll be on the phone.

I am in merseyside and was getting 11.5Meg when I did a be there speed check at 9-30 last night after seeing this thread however pages were taking about a second and a half longer to appear whilst browsing!!

google be there then click on speed test under the first title of google results

Well i've just signed up..(for now) and typically this thread appeared..i'll see how O2 goes and cross my fingers. :rolleyes:

My speed used to be fine during the first 3 or so weeks when i signed up in november (around 7meg) but now i only get this speed between 6am - 11am. From then on it wont even get past 1 meg and sometimes only 20 kbps!

Ive been on the phone several times to o2 who in december said the exchange was being upgraded, however this has now been fixed but the new excuse is that some of the linkages (i think) are being upgraded.

Can anyone help!

It seems like the bandwidth is being reduced dramatically during peak times but i don't know enough technically to source the problem. :(

you are joking got slow speeds again ghrrrrrr

just rang them and theres a outage on a exchange and they fixing it but not sure when fixed but i doubt it take more then 3days like someone said above

Last edited:
The Be there speed checker has strangely now dissapeared from there site!!!
I ran a speedtest.net check yesterday and was getting 17.9 meg with a ping of 52ms liverpool london
Today just now I am getting just over 2 meg and a ping of 202 ms again L/pool to London

I am not impressed with O2:thumbsdow, not relaible this week could be my last with O2.

Same problems in Middlesbrough. Gone for 5-7 meg to lucky if I get 1 meg from 18:00 onwards.

Poor

Last three days problems with O2. Ping of 200+ and connection should average 12000 kbs now lucky to get 1000 kbs. Ran several tests for them last night and promised a call today. Nothing. I contacted them again and they tell me that there is a problem "In the north". They could not be more specific.

Noticed this problem for a couple days now, just hope they haven't started capping.

Mine has been slow for last 5-6 days, seems to be running at normal speed now (south manchester)

Mine is back to normal too. Hopefully this is the problem over, fingers crossed.

Looks like mine is back to normal as well, 21mb download and ping is around 15ms

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom