• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

o2 simplicity

emu

hi

just a heads up as i have just checked my o2 bills online and i have been charged 75 pound last month and 50 the previous month for data transfer :eek:

i was on the 15 pound o2 simplicity transfer

its not like i have been using the iphone for browsing the web it was more having an email account logged on all the time

didnt realise it was so exspensive

have since cancelled and gone payg now

hope nobody else gets ripped off

emu

i think it was just a case of i didnt think it was going to cost much to use for checking emails

i will just use wi fi for the net side of things

just wanted to warn anybody else of the cost of using data on a simplicity tarrif

scudder

It appears that iPhone downloads a minimum of 25 emails everytime it checks your account plus anything in your saved folders, etc. First time I let it do it's own thing it put 1.3MB of data on the iphone... which was an ouch as I was in France on holiday at the time and not using WiFi. Like he said, Data Bolt-on to Simplicity is a great deal for GPRS/Edge without the worry of mega bills.

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
again data charges are scary full stop,

the best thing to do is pay the £7.50 for the data bolt on (unlimited-in the mobile networks definition of unlimited which is different from that of the dictionary)

thus £22.50 you have unlimited data on top of your previous plan,

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom