O2 Simplicity for iPhone 4

istanbul05

Anyone else buying an iPhone simfree, or on o2 P&G for that matter, and planning on using O2 Simplicity for iPhone? I am currently on the £20 rolling contract, but will be switching the £15 12 month contract as soon as they release details on the micro sim. :thumbsup:

Samt1

Anyone else buying an iPhone simfree, or on o2 P&G for that matter, and planning on using O2 Simplicity for iPhone? I am currently on the £20 rolling contract, but will be switching the £15 12 month contract as soon as they release details on the micro sim. :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I'm going to do, definitely switch to the 12 month Simplicity to save a few pennies, never know they might knock a few quid of the handset for doing so!? :)

neil354

Standard Member
I intended to do the same but I have been wandering if it would be cheaper for me to just stay on pay as you go. The only thing im worried about is the data usage. Do 02 let you go on PAYG and then buy a data bolt on? That would be perfect for me.

domcaz

Standard Member
I'm currently in the £20 iPhone Simplicity tariff, and I want to remain on it due to the unlimited data. I hope that O2 allow me to get a PAYG iPhone 4, switch my current iPhone 3GS sim to a Micro sim (or else I'll be doing some 'sim surgery'!) and remain on my current unlimited data tariff....anyone know whether this is unlikely/feasible/likely?

D

Samt1

When O2 announce there phone prices I'm just going to phone up and see what needs to be done to get my Simplicity changed to the 12 month £15 version and get a iPHone 4, hopefully it should be quite easy!?

PeterH988

Can I port my number doing it this way?

If I decide to buy sim free, can I get a micro sim from t-mobile? (Who i'm already with)

Last edited:

stevemc81

I'm going to switch from the £20 rolling one to £15 annual one as well. Anyone happen to know if you can do that online?

99thfanc

Standard Member
As said in the main thread has anyone looked at the contracts T & Cs yet? Just wondering as someone said about possibility of physically changing to micro sim activating a contract break and force to go to new tariff as only ip4 uses new sim they must no what were planning

tjradiohead

I'd hold fire on signing up to ANY 12 months contracts until we see what the networks actually have on offer.

I have pre ordered an i4 too, but there might be better offers to be had once the networks have put their pricing together.

hot-fuzz

Banned
I switched from normal simplicity unlimited data, 600 mins, 1200 texts to iphone simplicity 300 mins, unlimited texts, data, wifi as i wanted the unlimited wifi.
Im only on the 1 month contract amd hope to cut my sim for it to fit the iphone 4 so o2 will never know and not cap me.
Doubt it will happen though.

kelvin

I may be wrong, but I don't think you'll find that being on a current Simplicity contract will make you immune from the new data caps.

The "contract" is 30 days between you, and O2 - you have the right to cancel at short notice, and they have the right to change the T's & C's at short notice (in some ways you'd have been better to renew a month or so ago to fix the conditions for 18/24 months). I won't be at all surprised if Simplicity tariff holders (like myself) find that the 500MB cap is introduced in the near future. I'm expecting a letter.

Kelvin

kelvin

I switched from normal simplicity unlimited data, 600 mins, 1200 texts to iphone simplicity 300 mins, unlimited texts, data, wifi as i wanted the unlimited wifi.
Im only on the 1 month contract amd hope to cut my sim for it to fit the iphone 4 so o2 will never know and not cap me.
Doubt it will happen though.
Simplicity tariffs by their very nature though are short term agreements between you and the provider. They can quite easily change the terms to introduce a cap, so long as they give you 30 days notice.

I think the days of unlimited data on O2 are gone, Simplicity or not.

is1111

I may be wrong, but I don't think you'll find that being on a current Simplicity contract will make you immune from the new data caps.

The "contract" is 30 days between you, and O2 - you have the right to cancel at short notice, and they have the right to change the T's & C's at short notice (in some ways you'd have been better to renew a month or so ago to fix the conditions for 18/24 months). I won't be at all surprised if Simplicity tariff holders (like myself) find that the 500MB cap is introduced in the near future. I'm expecting a letter.

Kelvin

that is why i just changed to the 12 month one. if they change the terms of it then i can cancel the contract and will just go sim only with someone else at that point. the iphone is going to be unlocked so come october when any cap would happen there should be plenty of options.

pendragoncs

Have been speaking online to someone at 02 (Tom).

IP4 ordered but wanted to give the Iphone Simplicity tariff a try but obviously aware they change from the 24th with most having a 500mb data limit.

Asked him if i was to order the current iphone simplicity £20 30 day with unlimited would o2 force me to move to the new versions as its a rolling contract He said no.

Also i asked that as i'll need to call and request a microsim would this also be classed as a upgrade of change of contract. No again

So have ordered the iphone simplicity on the current deal. When it arrived i'll give them a call and try and get a microsim or cut the sim down. Off course he could be talking crap. In which case i can always cancle and leave.

Jason

kelvin

Have been speaking online to someone at 02 (Tom).

IP4 ordered but wanted to give the Iphone Simplicity tariff a try but obviously aware they change from the 24th with most having a 500mb data limit.

Asked him if i was to order the current iphone simplicity £20 30 day with unlimited would o2 force me to move to the new versions as its a rolling contract He said no.

Also i asked that as i'll need to call and request a microsim would this also be classed as a upgrade of change of contract. No again

So have ordered the iphone simplicity on the current deal. When it arrived i'll give them a call and try and get a microsim or cut the sim down. Off course he could be talking crap. In which case i can always cancle and leave.

Jason
I (personally) wouldn't take the opinion of a bod in a call centre over the terms and conditions of a contract. O2 may continue to honour the current Simplicity conditions for tariff holders, but they are under no obligation to. I'm pretty sure that once the capped tariffs are a little more prevalent they will ammend the terms of Simplicity - they'd be silly not to.

O2 have already stated that the new 500MB caps will only apply from 1st October.

Just my opinion of course :)

wozwebs

I spoke to someone at O2 earlier too and they said that if you are on iPhone 20 Simplicity tarrif you will still get unlimited data as long as you stay on it.

wozwebs

I'm still wondering if yo buy the 16gb for £499 and carry on with the £20 Simplicity. Over 18 months the total cost is £859 whereas if I go contract on Vodafone (providing those hidden prices are confirmed) then it would be £35pm and £149 the handset so £779 over the 18 months. £80 difference although you are on a 30 day contract with O2

Bigmonty69

I'm still wondering if yo buy the 16gb for £499 and carry on with the £20 Simplicity. Over 18 months the total cost is £859 whereas if I go contract on Vodafone (providing those hidden prices are confirmed) then it would be £35pm and £149 the handset so £779 over the 18 months. £80 difference although you are on a 30 day contract with O2

And your phone will be unlocked on the first option.

hot-fuzz

Banned
I spoke to someone at O2 earlier too and they said that if you are on iPhone 20 Simplicity tarrif you will still get unlimited data as long as you stay on it.

But thats probably only for the ones on the 12 month deal. Im on the 1 month deal so expect to get mine changed.

Having said that, the iPhone 4 Simplicity tariff is only £5 more (in October) and i get 1GB data but have to pay for MMS (i sent 3 last month).
So it wont be too bad, so will sit tight until they do change it.

istanbul05

Also if you are planning on staying on Simplicity for over 12 months, then you may aswell sign the £15p/m simplicity contract, which is the same as the rolling £20p/m deal. The main reason I am planning on using o2 Simplicty is so I am not tied into a contract for over 12 months! :smashin:

psikey

Distinguished Member

Signed up for £15 12mth contract on Saturday with intention of using in SIM free or PAYG iPhone 4.

I already confirmed the unlimitted data would continus, plus I can cancel in within 14 days if the Contract prices look good.

Last edited:

Samt1

I"m not bothered about the data at all, I looked at my data usage and my download was about 850 mb, now I've had my phone for bout 2 years and never reset any counters so think i'll be ok :) If I ever download I use WiFi.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022