o2 Release new TuGo VOIP Service!

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by andymet87, Mar 1, 2013.

1. andymet87

andymet87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    So if you head over to O2 | O2 TU Go | Now your number is truly mobile then you can find out about the new service meaning you can make/receive calls/texts over the internet using their new app.

I was wondering if anyone can figure out what their VOIP settings are as this would enable us all to use it with all our other VOIP devices... like a Linksys voip adapter.

Any ideas anyone?

2. PTM

PTM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed, to be able to use this service on VOIP hardware would be excellent. However it is highly unlikely as it would encroach upon the rather lucrative corporate communication services. To my knowledge Skype, has never been compatible with anything but their own VOIP hardware, apps and software and Google Voice has also never worked with VOIP hardware. I can't imagine O2 playing any differently. I actually think that they have already excluded business tariff users from using this service.

3. anika hanson

anika hanson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I've downloaded this onto my iPad and iPod touch. It works but seems to be a bit flaky. I've been able to make voice calls from both my iPad and iPod. The dialling out feature seems to work well. I was able to receive a call on my iPod, however another call I received was not picked up on either my iPad or iPod. Text messages seem to be a bit touch and go too. Sometimes there is a delay between them being sent and received at the other end and vice versa. I've not tried to use it on my phone when I don't have a signal yet. Overall I think it's a useful app but it needs improving.

4. andymet87

andymet87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    with regards to the app I agree... very flakey and needs a lot of improving! All it does atm is duplicate everything on my phone! ...and phone calls are defo a bit hit and miss...

PTM surely they could simply not allow business users to login! oh well, another thing that doesnt quite do what people would like it to..!

5. Cat'sWhiskers

Cat'sWhiskers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Appreciate that this is rather an old thread, but I just came across TU Go today and I was wondering whether it had got any better. Are there any TU Go users out there, or is there something else (Skype???) which is much better?

(Fed up setting up new accounts, downloading the software and going through the learning curve on new technology just to find that it doesn't really work! :-( ).