O2 Refresh

joelk2

Distinguished Member
so has anyone started on one of these yet?

seems like a good deal to me although im put of my the 2gb limit on the internet.

i do like o2 customer service and coverage.

for a little run down of what it is.

you pay for your phone/tariff separate.

i.e the deal i was looking at 16gb iphone 5.

upfront £30

pay £42 a month (£22 for tarrif and £20 for phone)

in 6 months when the new iphone comes out i can pay off the remainder of the phone part of the contract and get the new iphone but continue with my tariff contract.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
Didn't three do this years ago and more recently Vodafone did something similar. I know three used to have standard call plans for x a month and the phone would cost y a month, so no matter what you had the calls cost the same. I don't honestly see the point in them as you can get sim only plans that are better and the phone when totted up costs more than getting it on a normal contract or even better on sim free, if you really want to buy out the phone half you may as well save and buy the sim free version or sell the phone mid contract to buy the sim free one before it's up

joelk2

Distinguished Member
Didn't three do this years ago and more recently Vodafone did something similar. I know three used to have standard call plans for x a month and the phone would cost y a month, so no matter what you had the calls cost the same. I don't honestly see the point in them as you can get sim only plans that are better and the phone when totted up costs more than getting it on a normal contract or even better on sim free, if you really want to buy out the phone half you may as well save and buy the sim free version or sell the phone mid contract to buy the sim free one before it's up

thats the problem, i havent got £500+ to spend on a phone. most people dont hence why they have a contract (which includes the phone) as they are effectively getting a £500 phone free when on a £40 a month contract.

its not actually free as the networks include the price of the phone in the contract price.

o2 will buy back your phone (the o2 recycle) against the costs also.

i was just wondering if anyone had done it. ive actually found a pretty good deal since then with tmob. im currently with three so in a week when im due an upgrade i will try and get the to price match.

everett_psycho

Distinguished Member
I think the only difference here top normal contracts is the transparency in pricing, that said with early upgrade deals surely this works out more as to upgrade early you need to clear the phone balance left whereas on a normal contract the write that off and give you a new contract.

Good luck though, I'm sure three will match it, if there's one thing they are keen on its customer retention

zebredy

Just wish all companies would do 12 month contracts on all phones, I would not mind paying say 5-10 more for this but that would be it. Not sure I would ever go for the deal above as I rather keep a pone for 24 months then pay more just so I could possibly upgrade early...

Not sure how he did it but a guy I was working with last year said he got a contract with three, I told him there was no way I was going with them due to lack of signal in my area, he said he got an iPad 64gb thrown in with the deal, plus even though it is a 24 months contract he is allowed to upgrade the phone early, like every 12 months. Lucky so and so, no one ever offers me those kind of deals...

Maybe you could see about getting something similar an iPad or something else thrown in as well? Worth a try

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom