o2 reckon you cant use old iphone simplicity

Bepto

Established Member
I'm only posting this cos I'm so angry with the numpty I just spoke to at o2.

I went on to request my PAC code (just in case), and mentioned going onto the iphone simplicity 12 month as I'm on the 30 day at the moment.

To cut a very long story short this person has worked at o2 for a very long time :boring: and as such is very knowledgeable in all things o2 & there's NO WAY anybody can sign up for a 12 month simplicity for iphone now and then use it with the iP4. The only way you can use a new iP4 on o2 is to go onto one of the new iP4 tariffs/contracts.

So all you who are thinking that o2 will transfer your contact to a microsim can think again ;)

stevemc81

Established Member
No doubt this won't come as a shock, but I was told something entirely different when I switched from 1 month iPhone Simplicity to 12 month iPhone Simplicity a mere 2 days ago.

psikey

Outstanding Member
Same, covered many times, some reps either don't know what there talking about or outright lying.

I must have had at least 3 calls to O2 since signing up for my 12mth Simplicty last week and all said no issue transfering over to a SIM free iPhone 4. Won't know for certain of course until I collect my reservation from Apple on Thursday :D

Bepto

Established Member
I am assuming that someone in the apple store will be able to transfer my 30 day rolling simplicity over to a microsim on the 24th?? or have I got it completely wrong? will they (apple) have the microsims there to do this?:confused:

psikey

Outstanding Member
I am assuming that someone in the apple store will be able to transfer my 30 day rolling simplicity over to a microsim on the 24th?? or have I got it completely wrong? will they (apple) have the microsims there to do this?:confused:

Think your right from what I've read.....and read........and read........

But I want mine swapped before the panic starts on Thursday :D

stevemc81

Established Member
Taken from O2 website

"If you have pre-ordered iPhone 4 directly from Apple you can get an O2 micro sim from any O2 shop. Simply go to an O2 shop any time from Monday 21 June and bring along your pre-order confirmation email from Apple. You'll need to show it in order to get your micro sim."

iNavH

Established Member
I've just been into O2 store and signed current 12month iPhone simplcity contract:smashin:
Rep in store said they will be getting full training on 22nd. But, from what he has heard, customers currently signing simplicity contracts will be able to use it on ip4, and just come into store on 24th and they'll tansfer to micro-sim.

He also stated that we shuldnt get capped data either as its not 24th yet and wont count as upgrade etc when tranferring. He said if they do, just ring and complain they changing details of what ive signed upto and cancel!

p.s. If you work for a company who have a corporate account and thus access to O2 Open, request your codes! Untill the end of July O2 offering doubled offers. So having signed a 12mth simplicity I have had £100 put onto my account:clap::clap:

choddo2006

Distinguished Member
I was also told the complete opposite two days ago while requesting a PAC code and have just gone for 12 months simplicity on that basis. If it turns out it's not true (and I think this guy is talking out of his arse frankly) I'll be somewhat less than impressed.

The latest video from AVForums

Amazon Fire TV Cube Gen 3 Review: Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom