O2 pay and go data abroad

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by wahab1234, Aug 1, 2012.

1. wahab1234

wahab1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi in a months time I will be travelling to Pakistan with my iPhone 4S I need data to go on fb upload pics etc... I am currently on 300 UK texts and 500 mb of Internet for £10 a month.... How do i change my tarrif to 500 mb abroad (Pakistan):lease::facepalm:

I am thinking of getting a new pay and go sim for the holiday but can you guide me on the best pay and go tarrif and how to get it via the Internet maybe post a link? Thanks

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. Dodgy_Geezer

Dodgy_Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    Firstly, if you're going to some redneck country hick place like Karachi, I would strongly advise you leave the iPhone at home and take a cheap mobile otherwise you're liable to get mugged for the premium handset if you venture into the wrong places at the wrong times. Several people have had this done to them and that was for not-so-premium Nokia feature phones.

Secondly, O2 only offer a PAYG data roaming bundle for Europe, it doesn't cover the rest of the world. However, as long as you have a wifi connection, you will be able to upload pics, use Facebook and do all the usual browsing stuff for free.

If you absolutely still need roaming data, Vodafone offer a PAYG roaming package that costs £5 per day for 25MB. Best bet though is stick with wifi as per above.

If not, buy a local sim when you get to Pakistan, the data charges on PAYG there are much cheaper than here. For example, Zong Mobile (part of China Telecom) will give you 2GB per month for about £1.50 or 4GB for about 3 quid on top of your usual PAYG call/text charges.

3. wahab1234

wahab1234
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

haha thanks dont worry not going Karachi and i will be well look aftered :laugh:people round me at all times my guards