O2 network problems

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
On Tesco mobile which uses O2. Haven't had a signal at home since yesterday afternoon some time. The signal has been on and off over night, running my iPhone flat.
Very frustrating. I bet they lose customers.

StuBFrost

A broken O2 is still better than T-Orange that I was on before !

Unfortunately these things occasionally happen.

Scholes18

Was fine yesterday but now can't get a thing...

Rob8980

Tesco mobile here, and intermittent signal here in merseyside since yesterday afternoon.

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Was fine yesterday but now can't get a thing...

yeh, same for me in Berkshire. Ok yesterday but today not working. Not a big deal for me as I am only a light user.

Changed settings to gsm only as this was said to work for calls and texts but that has not worked for me.

A broken O2 is still better than T-Orange that I was on before !

Unfortunately these things occasionally happen.

Leaving O2 and tesco and going to orange was the best thing I ever did, O2's signal has always been terrible.

MarkE19

I'm in Romford. Same here
Strange as I am just down the road to you in Rainham and have had no loss of service - well not that I have noticed. I used my phone several times yesturday and today and all calls were fine, getting my emails and the odd bit of web usage. The first I knew of the o2 problems was when watching the lunch time news today.

Mark.

Jay Z

I am in Uxbridge and my GG network went down yesterday evening/ late afternoon, but returned this morning.

Jay

Apparently the issue wasn't location specific.

It was to do with th sim's registration on the network.

All 4 lines where affected in my house, making life more difficult.

I instigated a sim swap just before I knew of the problems, and this is still a problem.

I've had to make several phone calls, and promises not kept, which is what annoys me more than the outage.

They have given me a £10 credit, but I would've just preferred better and more informative updates.

The latest on the blog, is they will reward in an O2 way!!!

Steven

Senior Moderator
Interesting. Got a text saying I can expect 10% back and £10 to spend via Priority Moments

The only thing is that during the entire outage period I was in Barcelona :D For anyone interested it was 30*c by day, 20*c by night whilst I understand it rained a lot here :)

Jay Z

I got an email from GiffGaff that due to the outage, they are prepared to add 10% extra topup from a period on top of any credit I put on my phone. I guess O2 are doing the same via priority moments?

Jay Z

That's true Steven. But what if this outage occurred with other operators? Would they have switched still?

It's a strange one but goes to show that no network is perfect. If you are a business or rely on your mobile for business purposes, you should always have a backup phone with another network. Even if it's a pay as you go, at least important people have access to a secondary phone number.

Jay

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom