o2 iPhone 4 Unlock

This thread isn't about a jailbreak unlock - but an official o2 unlock :) which is why i first posted this in the iphone forum not the jailbreak one.

Once officially unlocked should stay so.

Regards

Karl

This thread isn't about a jailbreak unlock - but an official o2 unlock :) which is why i first posted this in the iphone forum not the jailbreak one.

Once officially unlocked should stay so.

Regards

Karl

that was my point, now my phone is officially unlocked (as if it was purchased from apple sim free) i should now be able to jailbreak freely?

that was my point, now my phone is officially unlocked (as if it was purchased from apple sim free) i should now be able to jailbreak freely?

Nope, your jailbreak on 4.2.1 WILL be tethered, JB tethering has nothing to do with it being an unlocked phone (officially or otherwise).
It is the JB that is tethered and means having access to a PC to kick it back to life if rebooted or switched off.
Hope taht clears things up.

Nope, your jailbreak on 4.2.1 WILL be tethered, JB tethering has nothing to do with it being an unlocked phone (officially or otherwise).
It is the JB that is tethered and means having access to a PC to kick it back to life if rebooted or switched off.
Hope taht clears things up.

perfect thanks

:smashin:

BTW, I also had applied for the unlock several times since July and last time I applied about 3 weeks ago it was rejected. I applied on Thursday night and today it is successfully unlocked :) Looks like O2 are letting them go through. Always received an email saying to check back later.
Very happy punter now.

Will this work if I get my sisters contract number to use?

I'm on pay and go

I have just got a new iPhone but it is locked to O2 and I need it to be on Orange. My wife has a monthly contact with o2 for her phone (not iphone) if I use her details on the form would that work? How do 02 actually unlock it? Do they need an imei number?

Right folks to be clear, those who post and do not provide their handset model or contract provider will more than likely not get a response or even worse, get duff information.
localboy - 'Will this work if I use my sisters' contract number?' A = probably ortherwise it will cost you £15 of credit from your O2 PAYG SIM.
Paulg - It would probably have to be an iPhone contract to get a free unlock. O2 will unlock for £15 using credit from an O2 PAYG SIM. Google O2 unlockmyiphone for a link to the O2 unlock request form and yes, they need the IMEI and it is done through iTunes. Instructions are on the O2 site or on the forum if you search :)
This should apply to all iPhone handsets now that O2 has begun officially unlocking the iPhone 4 since 6th December.

Right folks to be clear, those who post and do not provide their handset model or contract provider will more than likely not get a response or even worse, get duff information.
localboy - 'Will this work if I use my sisters' contract number?' A = probably ortherwise it will cost you £15 of credit from your O2 PAYG SIM.
Paulg - It would probably have to be an iPhone contract to get a free unlock. O2 will unlock for £15 using credit from an O2 PAYG SIM. Google O2 unlockmyiphone for a link to the O2 unlock request form and yes, they need the IMEI and it is done through iTunes. Instructions are on the O2 site or on the forum if you search :)
This should apply to all iPhone handsets now that O2 has begun officially unlocking the iPhone 4 since 6th December.

Many thanks.A quick update. I fllled in the form and got a reply to contact cust services where a lovely young Scottish lady (theh all are) told me that she would love to do it but her system did not have the iphone 4 on it. She put the info in and used the 3gs option so heres hoping......

Got two texts from O2 this morning, first one told me that they could not unlock the phone, the second told me it was done. Put an Orange sim in and hey presto! So im not sure whether it was the phone call to O2 or the form that did it but I'm delighted! Many thanks to Scudder and Obey One who pointed me in the right direction.

Applied last night, and this morning.....

003-40.png

Cheers OP :smashin:

did the same on my 3GS yesterday and this morning got the txt to say its all done.

thanks to the OP :D

Dal

Dal, you could get the 3GS officially unlocked for over a year now m8

I didn't know - lol

Only reason I Done it was because contract is up in two weeks and will be easier to shift with the official unlock

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom