o2 iPhone 4 Unlock

They have been letting iphone4s slip through since launch

It's hit and miss if it works

You're possibly right - I had tried it before with no luck.

Have you tried recently? Maybe they are starting to unlock the iPhone 4 now.

Regards

Karl

No-one else recently tried for an official iphone 4 unlock from o2???

No-one else recently tried for an official iphone 4 unlock from o2???
I have tried before about a month ago and was refused. I read this thread and tried yesterday evening, a "chat box" came up asking if I'd like to speak with someone "live"! I asked CS if the unlock had been issued for iP4 yet - she said they had so far had no official word that it was! I still filled the form in though ...just in case.

OMG!!!

15 minutes after my post I get a txt from O2 saying it can now be unlocked by inserting a "non-O2 sim & sync'ing with iTunes". :eek:

@Obeyone: ...do you work for O2...huh, well do ya??? :confused:

Iv'e tried mine 3 times.

First I think it worked, but not sure.

2nd and 3rd time it doesn't complete the question's.

I'll try again later.

How does the on line form complete? Mine went back to the start after completing.

neuty

Iv'e tried mine 3 times.

First I think it worked, but not sure.

2nd and 3rd time it doesn't complete the question's.

I'll try again later.

How does the on line form complete? Mine went back to the start after completing.

neuty
sounds like you might be blocking cookies - maybe third party ones.

Just tried through IE and it worked OK.

Fingers crossed it goes through.

Thanks Strawbs.

neuty

i've filled out this form 3 or 4 times since i upgraded to the iphone 4 and each time i've got a text back saying it will take upto 28 days and then a few hours later another text saying it couldn't be done. on the last attempt i called o2 and was told it was apple that wouldn't let the iphone 4 be unlocked

tried it again today after reading this thread and just got a text saying my iphone can now be unlocked! shame i've not got a micro-sim on another network! my wife's orange sim is full size

:eek: I'd have thought that would been a good thing! are you trying to lose your iP4? :D

haha yes very true that! just bought a t-mobile micro sim off the bay for £3.50 so will try that when it comes. only need to use once and connect to itunes then it's unlocked for life

I had my unlock from O2 at 7.15 tonight. :clap:

Will pick up a cheap micro sim from another network to check.

Any suggestions guys?

neuty

t-mobile\orange use a different frequency to O2\Vodafone so it's probably best to get one of those to check frequency switching is working.

Just ordered an Orange micro-sim off e-bay for £3.50! apparently there's £30 calling credit inclu ..wait ...is that a pig flying past my windo.. I think it is, A flying Pig!!! :D

I just need the sim to unlock the phone, so I'm not bothered about credit, the t-mobile shop wanted £15. :eek:

Edit: the £30 credit offer is very limited - so added link, just in case it's legit. ;)

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks Strawbs… needed a different micro sim too, to unlock my phone and my son needs an adaptor for his micro sim as he's not allowed to take his iP4 to school.

Regards

Karl

received my t-mobile sim today. it needed trimming slightly with a stanley knife but once in and connected to itunes..

neilsiphone4unlockedsmall.jpg

:thumbsup:

i should now be able to jailbreak and not worry about tethered/untethered - is that right?

Last edited:
No the new jailbreak is tethered
If you're on 4.2.1 that is

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom