• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

o2 help

Wez68

Distinguished Member
hi guys ,i,ve looked at all the threads on here ,but still unable to find an answer!!,i,m on the 30 simplicity for iphone tarrif,come thursday can i get a phone from o2 WITHOUT changing my contract,ie just buying the phone,or would i need to get an 18/24 month contract,i apologise in advance if it has been answered already,i have looked honestly !!!

Trune

Established Member
you can get one from apple sim free (if your happy to wait and maybe loose out) for £599.

Or depending if pay-as-you-go is available at launch from o2 (im not convinced it is) you can pay around £580 for one from o2.

Alternatively you can probably get one from tesco when they start doing them, but that wont be thursday.

dbm001

Established Member
You can also get the 16gb for £499 from Apple, sim free and unlocked.

There will be no PAYG option from O2 at launch, so the only way to carry on your simplicity plan at launch is to buy one unlocked from Apple. O2 have stated they will be doing a PAYG handset at a later date (no info as to when).

Otherwise you will have to go the contract route.

Last edited:

Samt1

Established Member
thanks very much for the quick replies guys:thumbsup:

I was told by a lady at Apple that I could go in on Thursday and buy the phone outright which she said the prices were on the Apple site, and also change my 30 day simplicity to the 12 month tariff. Still not 100% convinced but will phone the local shop up Thursday and see what they say. If not will just get it from Apple and do it that way, then at least I can get a few quid of from Quidco for doing it.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom