o2 delivery

vince_vega

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i have just ordered my o2 upgrade (K800) This morning. how long do you think it will take to get here? I know they say next day delivery but that is never the case is it!!!!!!

I ordered my k800i as an upgrade on the friday and it came on the monday, They seem to be on the ball with deliveries. Just dont go using any of the phones features that use data like the internet or the rss reader too much. It Costs a fortune

the DHL delivery srvice O2 use seems to be a mixed bag... it's not half as reliable as they make out... and they NEVER seem to leave a card if you aren't in... like you'll magically know they've been...

Just out of interest how much did they charge you to upgrade? They wanted £80 of me (I am on a £25 tariff), but if you were a new customer on the same tariff they only wanted £30 :mad:

piratetigger said:
Just out of interest how much did they charge you to upgrade? They wanted £80 of me (I am on a £25 tariff), but if you were a new customer on the same tariff they only wanted £30 :mad:
Then you should have threatened to cancel to get a better deal.

Why do O2 make upgrading so difficult.

O2 upgrades suck big time :eek: been with them for 3 years now.

I had to threaten to cancel and ask for my PAC code before they would upgrade me to a N80. 1 day after cancelling my contract as if by magic their was an N80 for me.

They lied on 4 occassions about the delivery time and kept quoting "no stock availabilty"
I called them and told them I would order 1 online and get one next day through O2 and they could pay the difference, they declined.

Why do existing customers have to take drastic action and threaten to leave before any deal is made?

they wanted £150 for the k800i, so i did the usual cancel trick and after about 10 mins the lady came up with this......k800 for £60.00 and £10 off my bill every month for a year!! not bad eh?:thumbsup:

Well they take 10 days for delivery...or so, but i phone was sent to wrong address, ordered it 14th decemeber, never got it till first week of january...anyway i was on the 02 16 contract then and they were suppose ot charge me £240 for a Mini S, no upgrade just buying it off them since my phoen was stolen, but the bill came to £200 so not bad..., still it was £1000 on a new contract but i already renewed my contract as took £120 credit plus £10 a month off my bill for a year...

O2 quoted me £120 to upgrade to the k800i. I only spend £19 a month but still thought it was unfair. 5 minutes haggling with retentions and they gave me £40 off it and 2 months line rental refunded so long as i moved up to the £30 tariff. All in all i paid £19.99 for my phone

Its annoying how they can find different deals for different customers. The mobile market is that big you would think they would be itching to keep customers happy

I've just enquired about an E900 on upgrade and apparently I qualify for a free upgrade.... however they don't have any stock until the 31st!! Anyone else tried to order an E900 recently?!

Yup on the E900 front.

Was weird, i wasn't due to upgrade till 28th July [12 months up] - i just called to enquire as to price of an upgrade to an E900.

This was last wednesday, and i was told it would be £29.99 [on a 25 a month contract] - but it wasn't in stock, anything that came in was going stragiht out with pre-orders and that i woud be on the list for 1.

Guess what turned up next day!;) :smashin:

Bill came today too, no charge:D

Can't fauly O2, customer service always been brilliant [though i'm on a busines contract].

As for the E900 - the touch sensitive buttons take a lot of getting used to - the darn cancel button needs to be on the top row, not next to where u naturally put your thumb:mad: - other than that, is a pretty neat little phone.

I was told I couldn't pre-order one at all! So I've just got to keep ringing up after the 31st and hope I can get one before they all go again.

I've read all about the touch keys and they definitely sound like they'll take some getting used to.... but thats the same with most phones if you switch between brands to be honest!

Ah well, fingers crossed they get stock back in soon!! :D

TBH i was told the same thing on the preorder front, but he reckoned because a batch had just come in and sold out that it was possible to get the stock code and put my name down??? - not sure how this works, but i got next day!:cool:

Dont hold your breathe for the 31st dannyg81 I'm afraid.

Here's my catalogue of O2 correspondence:

11th July - Phoned to find out my upgrade date (other companies doing my head in phoning me to get me join 3 etc). Was told my upgrade date was the 18th July. Girl I spoke to said that luckily for me the E900 was coming in stock on the 18th - and at the time it was going to cost me £9.99 - fair enough. She told me to call on the 17th and they'd sort everything out for me.

17th July - Called, as informed, to upgrade. Different girl then tells me taht she wouldn't be able to do anything for me until the 18th (1 DAY! :rolleyes: ). Told her what her colleague had said and she said she was wrong to tell me that. Anyway, I asked whether the E900 was still due in tomorrow (18th) - only to be told that due to supply problems they wouldn't be in stock until the 28th July.

18th July - Upgrade day! Phoned my local O2 store on the off chance that they might have an E900 in stock. No - was told that they are currently like gold-dust. They didn't even know when they'd next have some in - I guess they're telling everyone that.

22nd July - Checked out the O2 website shop to see if any other phones took my fancy (which they didn't) but I also noticed that the E900 had been removed from the site. So to avoid waiting for non-exist upgrade I decided to phone O2 again. The guy I spoke to explained that they have removed the E900 because so many people are trying to order it - basically they want to force people into choosing another phone. He assured me that the E900 would be in stock on the 28th. He also told me that it was now a free upgrade for me, but that he could not back-order 1 for me.

So now I read dannyg81's post stating that he has been told it'll be in stock on the 31st - I suppose I'll have another wasted phone call on the 28th.

I wouldn't mind but I'm really bored with my current phone (w800i) and my mates waiting to buy it off me :)

Well I tried again yesterday and was told to ring back in a few hours as all the systems had gone down and couldn't access my details... fair enough :censored: happens I thought.... so I rang back today and got the same response, systems are still down! But the guy I spoke to said they should be getting them in at the end of the week (28th) but the delivery window is anytime between the 28th and 31st!! So if these things really are like gold dust, I think I'll be ringing up first thing on the 28th, just incase they do get stock in.... on the off chance!

funny i phoned last monday and upgraded to a e900 was told they where arriving on wednesday and lo & behold on thursday it was delivered to my work. i sent it back yesterday as the cancel button is VERY annoying and yes it needs to be on the top not the bottom plus the GUI is slow after a few key presses it needs a second or two to catch up.. buggy and bad design on the cancel button imo. apart from that its ok. i'm going for a k800i i think as the camera ( the only gadget on a phone i use after the first month ) on the e900 is dire.

chrisc0le said:
funny i phoned last monday and upgraded to a e900 was told they where arriving on wednesday and lo & behold on thursday it was delivered to my work. i sent it back yesterday as the cancel button is VERY annoying and yes it needs to be on the top not the bottom plus the GUI is slow after a few key presses it needs a second or two to catch up.. buggy and bad design on the cancel button imo. apart from that its ok. i'm going for a k800i i think as the camera ( the only gadget on a phone i use after the first month ) on the e900 is dire.
Can't agree about the Camera.. how is it dire?? I just downloaded all my photos from a weekend away and they are really good quality. Got a couple of good videos as well.

focus is bad, shutter lag is awfull click the button hear the sound see the pic frozen on the screen then a sec later you see the actual pic it took a few ms later. that imo makes for a shocking camera.
my old k750 is much better ( untill the slider broke ).

Update to my above post.

I phoned O2 this morning (just after 8am - in case they sold out super fast).
"Unfortunately the latest shipment has been delayed until August 2nd. Are there any other phones you're interested in?" "Erm, no"

I decided to give my local O2 shop a call to see if they had any in stock and fortunately they had. :clap: They put 1 aside for me and I've just collected it.
The guy who served me said that they'd had 5/6 straight calls since opening this morning just asking for the E900.

Looks good - haven't had much time to do anything with it yet though.

chrisc0le said:
focus is bad, shutter lag is awfull click the button hear the sound see the pic frozen on the screen then a sec later you see the actual pic it took a few ms later. that imo makes for a shocking camera.
my old k750 is much better ( untill the slider broke ).
Focus is fine on mine. Maybe you had a duff one.

juglandblues said:
O2 quoted me £120 to upgrade to the k800i. I only spend £19 a month but still thought it was unfair. 5 minutes haggling with retentions and they gave me £40 off it and 2 months line rental refunded so long as i moved up to the £30 tariff. All in all i paid £19.99 for my phone

Its annoying how they can find different deals for different customers. The mobile market is that big you would think they would be itching to keep customers happy

So you have got the phone £100 cheaper but will end up paying an extra £110 for your contract over the rest of the year (minus the 2 months refunded line rental)? Doesn't sound like much of a saving if i've got that all correct :confused:

New customers can now get a K800i free with a 12 month o2 online 50 tariff (£19 a month).

I was told they wouldn't have stock in 'till the 3rd, but I rang up yesterday on a whim and managed to get a E900 sent out to me. They got a batch delivery in but looks like they tried to keep it quiet.

i ordered one today on the o2 online 200 contract... got all excited but then got an email saying there was none in stock :( didn't even give a date of when they will be in

guess i will be waiting a long time!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom