• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

o2/be have they blocked xsharex

ukbootlegs

Prominent Member
I am with BE and I can get to

Asusming that's what xsharex is. Never heard of it before.

If you have a link you want me to test let me know.

ukbootlegs

Prominent Member
if you ping it, do you get a reply?

if so, it should be fine

if not, then sounds like a dns prob

the ip address of the site is 74.54.82.243. try that in the url bar rather than the web address.

that will prove if its being blocked by the isp or not (assuming no entries for the site have been entered into your hosts file)

deckardian

Established Member
change your dns provider to Open DNS then you can get to your fav sites that way. go here OpenDNS > Use OpenDNS

sign up for the free package and change your DNS server ip addresses in your adpater settings. then you should be good to go

:hiya:
Dekardian

accyuklad

Banned
think it my router because the site says offline not showing it excist now as before it worked but when i try on a wireless connection it finds the site and says its offline due to etc

deckardian

Established Member
what is the URL i will try and get to it myself? the prob with some dns servers, esp virgins as Im on virgin is that they can give you a false 404 error (page not found) or error 503 (service unavailable) when its actually fine. this is a blocking tactic of the isp, but can be curcumvented by using another providers dns server for lookup. let me know the url and i will try it myself

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom