O2 are offering me the Blackberry Storm 9520... advice needed please

MortimerJazz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Without going into the whole story, my Samsung Galaxy S died on me last night.

I've just phoned up O2 and they can't replace it as apparently they have no surpless stock due to the phone being so new.

I can wait it out until they get some in stock (they have no idea how long that's going to be), or I can take a Blackberry Storm 9520.

Does that sound like a fair swap to you?

Having done a bit of research, it seems as though the Storm 9520 has been riddled with bugs and has now been discontinued.

Is that fair, or am I missing something here ....

I'm no expert on either phone but it seems to me that O2 are trying to offer you a phone that suits them (i.e. it's cheaper and they have plenty of stock) rather than what suits you. I certainly don't think they're offering you comparable phones.

If it was me and I couldn't wait for a replacement Samsung, I'd be holding out for a BB 9800, HTC Desire or BB 9700.

Not a fair swap at all. Tell them to shove their Storm in their Storm hole :)

There are many other devices that would be a fairer swap.

i remember the touch screen being really bad on the storm. I would say avoid it

Yes the screen can be problematic on the Storm mate. What about contacts though? Will they transfer the contacts to a simcard seeing the phone messed up?

As you had a android phone, do you want another android handset or want to try something else?

I was going to say, why not ask them to give you a BB Bold 9780? or if you like touchscreen, the new Torch 9800? I am presuming that you are on a high contract so they can't take liberties and give you a rubbish phone!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom