o2 600 from mobiles.co.uk

dcegielski

Standard Member
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting this tariff and was after a bit of additional information from someone who has already got it:

1) Am I right to assume that it is 600 anytime/anynetwork minutes and 600 text messages by default, with the unlimited text message bolton.

2) Am I able to change boltons at any point in to the contact, as I'd like to unlimited web bolt on at some ponint.

They are currently doing this tariff for £25 p/m on a 24 month contract.

Thanks,

Deyna

trice1921

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting this tariff and was after a bit of additional information from someone who has already got it:

1) Am I right to assume that it is 600 anytime/anynetwork minutes and 600 text messages by default, with the unlimited text message bolton.

2) Am I able to change boltons at any point in to the contact, as I'd like to unlimited web bolt on at some ponint.

They are currently doing this tariff for £25 p/m on a 24 month contract.

Thanks,

Deyna

It's 500 messages not 600. Im on this tariff from mobiles.co.uk and managed to change the unlimited texts to internet. IF you do order this before opening the sim call o2 and try and get them to change it. I had to call 3 times before i got through to someone who would do it, and from what i've read it seems quite common to have to call more than once.

dcegielski

Standard Member
It's 500 messages not 600. Im on this tariff from mobiles.co.uk and managed to change the unlimited texts to internet. IF you do order this before opening the sim call o2 and try and get them to change it. I had to call 3 times before i got through to someone who would do it, and from what i've read it seems quite common to have to call more than once.

Cheers buddy, what number do you call?

dcegielski

Standard Member
Ok I went for it, phoned 202 and the customer services advisor swapped the bolton with immediate effect to the unlimited data one - I was a bit suprised as I heard its a bit hit or miss. Still, I still have a few queries:

1) My bill from o2 shows the tariff as o2 25, which considering I'm paying £25 with a £10 monthly discount from mobiles.co.uk (their deal), is a little suspect.

2) If i txt 21202 I get x minutes remaining, 0 txts plus any unlimited allowances

Sorry for the retarded question, I've been leeching a mobile phone off my old mans business since I was 15, havent a ****ing clue about contracts.

MKICampaign

Ok I went for it, phoned 202 and the customer services advisor swapped the bolton with immediate effect to the unlimited data one - I was a bit suprised as I heard its a bit hit or miss. Still, I still have a few queries:

1) My bill from o2 shows the tariff as o2 25, which considering I'm paying £25 with a £10 monthly discount from mobiles.co.uk (their deal), is a little suspect.

2) If i txt 21202 I get x minutes remaining, 0 txts plus any unlimited allowances

Sorry for the retarded question, I've been leeching a mobile phone off my old mans business since I was 15, havent a ****ing clue about contracts.

Any update on this? I've taken out the O2 600 from mobiles.co.uk and am in the process of returning the phone for the following reasons.

1) As the poster indicated above, this is an O2 £25 tariff with extra minutes, not the full O2 600 tariff at a reduced price. O2 have confirmed this to me.

2) Swapping the bolt-on removes all inclusive texts. The base tariff is 600 minutes, with no texts. mobiles.co.uk rely on the bolt-on to gain the unlimited texts, swapping it removes all inclusive texts.

I had hoped to do as suggested (swap to the web bolt-on, decreasing my number of texts but gaining inclusive web use) but this appears to not be possible.

As far as I can tell, mobiles.co.uk are being less than transparent about the tariff as that is not the full £35pm tariff available from O2 directly. :mad:

Edit - An update. I called O2 for a second time and was told the same information. This is a "special" 24 month £25 contract with no inclusive texts without the bolt on. However this time the CS rep was not willing to contemplate changing the bolt on so that does seem hit and miss depending on who you talk to.

The phone is going back today.

Last edited:

jonnythain

Standard Member
I'm looking more at the N97 on O2 1200 (24 months), so i definately want to chnage the text part of that Bolt-On to the Unlimited mobile web. I have heard all sorts of issues, i downgraded my tarif with O2 online from £30 pm to £20 pm as i still have my N95.

What do you think my chances are of being able to do this and having 1200 mins and 500 texts + unlimited web?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom