1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O Brother, region 1 or 2?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by marcoeser, Apr 18, 2001.

1. marcoeser

marcoeser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi everyone,
    I recieved a present of "O brother, where art thou", with region 2, but I already have it on back order with region 1. What should I do? Does anyone know if there are any difference in quality and extras? Should I return the region 2 and wait for region 1, or engoy the film now and not worry about the difference?
    Marc=)

2. marcoeser

marcoeser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    sorry people,
    I dove a little deeper and found that region 1 has DTS and the region 2 doesn't!
    I dont know why they've deleted that format? I'm going to wait for DTS! :)

3. cozzer

cozzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    marc,

the region 1 will also have featurettes on some of the special effects - apparently, a deconstruction of the flood scene at the end. i know - i've just bought the film on region 2 because i couldn't wait for the region 1. but again, we're getting bloody conned. check out 'dancer in the dark' as well - funded by film four and the region 1 disc gets dts, 2 audio commentaries, 2 featurettes, etc.

sort it out! :mad:

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My girlfriend just purchased the R2 disc of O Brother and we found it was only in Prologic when the back of the box says 5.1 DD. Have you found the same thing on your disc?

5. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same prob on my Sony 735. Someone on this BB told me the answer; select 5.1 using the Audio button on the remote, NOT in the audio options on the disc.
    Great film by the way. ;)