NZXT H440 case with the H100i CPU cooler

Psychobob

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the NZXT H440 case and am waiting on a H100i to arrive as my CPU cooler. Does anyone know if there are any pros/cons to having the H100i as a front intake instead of a top exhaust?

It should physically fit (hard drive tray/cages removable), but my thinking was with the lack of vent meshes for airflow (case is opimised for low noise so they're just solid panels with limited venitalation on the sides of the front panel and top panels) it's better to have cool air from the outside cooling the H100i instead of warm air from within the case exhausting up (where the top panel restricts air dissapation). This also provides air going towards the GPU card.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Would placing it at the front make the pump higher than the radiator? If so, I thought this was a big no no with AIO Coolers? (Yes that is a question also)

That's an interesting thought, I don't think I actually considered that!

I'm not actually sure if that's correct or not either (hopefully someone else may be able to clarrify), in the mean time I'll see if I can figure out the rules behind this.

I did find people who have put the radiator in front on the net (doesn't mean it's correct to do of course), but looking at the images the tubes will be fairly horizontal. Not sure if that makes a difference or makes it more acceptable.

R8jtV7n.jpg

dsc03279q.jpg

I think you may be right, I need to do a bit more research to be sure but this guy seems to go over some details in his modding video and it seems to all make sense ..... well on the face of it anyway

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom