1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NYPD Blues and channel 4 - this is getting beyond a joke

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Joe Pineapples, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +866
    I know this has been mentioned before, but more months have passed and still no sign of C4 airing my favourite cop show. Godammit, there ought to be a clause that says any tv station cannot sit on a programme indefinetly, and should be forced to either show it (within a certain time), or give up their rights to it.

2. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    It's a double edged sword for me. The show is finished in the States, I think C4 still have 2 or 3 series left to show. So I want them to show them but if they do that will it.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +866
    well, at this rate mate, by the time C4 get to the last one, the settings are going to look more period than 'crime story'

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    HI,

I can't really offer much hope, I'm afraid. As you all probably know, Channel 4 have totally screwed fans of this series over, for the last two seasons. We ended Season 8, then had to wait two years to get Season 9. Now, another year or more has passed, and still no sign of Season 10. (Twelve seasons were made in all!)

Channel have definitely got the rights to air Season 10. However, they refuse to say when or if it will air. Suspicions lead me to believe it will air in the Autumn of this year. I say this for two reasons:

1) Channel 4 will have ended some of their other hit US shows, like "Nip/Tuck" and "Desperate Housewives", and the all-schedule-hogging "Butt Munch 6".

2) More4 will start to air on Satellite (and possible cable, but not Freeview as far as I know), in October 2005. "NYPD Blue" may then air firstly on More4, before being repeated on Channel 4, in the same week.

Obviously, as soon as I hear anything concrete, I will promise to update everyone on this forum. I love "NYPD Blue" too, and have seen it right from the beginning of Season 1, so I want to know when we'll all get to see the final 3 seasons of the show too. But trying to get any sensible and coherent information out of C4 staff, is like asking a newborn baby to recite the latin translation of "War And Peace" backwards! :rotfl:

Sorry I can't be more helpful here. :(

Pooch

5. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Thanks Pooch. What's More4? What's the difference between that and E4?

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi PMC,

More4 will be another new TV station added onto Sky, alongside E4, and FilmFour (and all their +1 spin-offs).

Basically, it will supposedly cater for more intelligent viewers who want thouight provoking TV, in the form of US dramas like "The West Wing" (and potentially "NYPD Blue"), to the best in documentaries past and present, films and other such fare.

C4 are aiming for adults between 25 and 45 years of age, for the More4 channel. As I said, it should go on air in October 2005... if C4 can be bothered to get their arses in gear! :rotfl:

Pooch

7. pmc

pmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Cool, sounds pretty good.