Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

NYPD Blue Tx times

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Chrissywis, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just caught an announcement on C4 that says Big Shudder is being extended so NYPD will be late, C4 text confirms new start time is 00.30. Digiguide still says 00.10. You have been warned

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,136
    thanks for that - i might have gone by the time on sky's epg (correct one), but then again i might have just used todays paper.

cheers

Dean

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Evening People,

Okay! Once more, Channel Whore has messed-up viewing! :mad: Tonights (early-morning 4th June) episode of "NYPD Blue" was a total bloody disaster!

Apart from the fact that the episode was shown 25 minutes later than advertised - due to extended "Butt Blubber 5" coverage, but CWhore then go and show the *incorrect* episode!!!!

Last Thursday, Season 9 Episode 17 was shown "Less Is Morte". For those of you watching the show, you will know that John Clark Jr. is preparing for a boxing match against a fellow cop. Well, tonight, we get Episode 19 "Oedipus Wrecked", which is the episode that in the introductory "Previously On NYPD Blue" segment, shows the fight! Just one minor problem.... We haven't seen the bloody fight, because we haven't the seen the episode the fight takes place in! (Episode 18, "Low Blow")

So, once again, we have total incompetents rescheduling shows, and then transmitting the wrong episode - and a rather pivotal one at that! Thanks a bunch, you Channel Whore idiots!! :mad:

Pooch
    (Not a happy bunny!!!)

4. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    The fight was shown last week.

5. ratso-rizzo

ratso-rizzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can second that - the fight was shown last week. I taped it and watched it last night.

Ratso

6. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,136
    PoochJD, i still have the 'fight' episode from last week, if you want it?

Dean

7. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Upstairs John's comments made at the boxing match, were one of the best bits of dialogue in Blue I've heard for awhile. Sheer brilliance.

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Folks,

Well, don't I feel a right prat! :oops: I can't believe I missed an episode of NYPD Blue! I'm soooo gutted. Oh well, the rest of my comments about CWhore being total incompetents, is still right. They've now decided to postpone "Third Watch" Season 3 until "later this month". And they're pulling "The OC" for 3 months, over the entire summer, for cricket! :mad:

I phoned CWhore to complain about the way they treat US shows, and they just fobbed me off. The guy I spoke to, was a real idiot (in my opinion)! I said that scheduling TV shows wasn't brain surgery, and that it would be relatively easy for the-powers-that-be to schedule a weeks worth of TV, to please most of the people most of the time. (Something that CWhore don't do, and instead seem to balls-up their scheduling every single week!)

He replied that scheduling was extremely tough, but that ratings - whilst not the be-all and end-all of where in the schedules a show is transmitted, or if repeats are shown - are something they have to take into account. I counter-argued, that in my opinion CWhore was relying solely on ratings, and that their treatment of US shows is appalling, citing numerous problems (Angel, Alias, Party Of Five, Dawson's Creek, Smallville, Stargate SG-1, NYPD Blue, Oz, The OC, ER, Third Watch, etc, etc, etc!). He said, that if it weren't for ratings, which allow CWHore to offer advertising/sponsorship for large sums of money, then CWhore wouldn't be buying these US shows in the first place.

I find this very difficult to accept. What kind of a company, uses money to buy a product (e.g. US TV shows) then decides to offer that product to the public, but making it as hard as possible to locate, or making it available, and then pulling it from sale (metaphorically speaking) for a period of time, before making it for sale again, but in a place where no one can find it?!

It just defies belief! God knows what'll happen when CWhore get "The Simpsons" next April! Look forward to endless, censored, repeats of Season 1, I expect!

Pooch

P.S. DeanSimm - you have a PM from me. :thumbsup:

9. Chrissywis

Chrissywis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's on the move again. 00.45 instead of 00.30. :mad:

10. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Believe it or not Channel 4 emailed me just now (17/06/04) to let me know it had been put back due to big brother running late.

Nice of them to do so, but you could JUST PUT IT ON AT A SOCIABLE TIME IN THE FIRST PLACE!

11. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,136
    Same here - though i hadnt checked my emails till this morning. Luckily i always go by the skydigital epg info, for the starting time (which so far has got it right with both delayed times).

12. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

And here we go again! :mad: :censored:

Next week, it's the final episode of Season 9, and the second episode in a two-parter. What's the betting CWhore will shaft all the remaining "NYPD Blue" viewers, and will delay the start by at least another 10-20 minutes, because of extended "Butt Munch 5" coverage?! :mad:

Pooch

13. swebby

swebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I work night shifts and have to record my favourite program NYPD. Luckily I have the foresight to start it 10 mins early and over-run it by 1hour because I know how useless channel 4 are.Except for last week when I went to work and totally forgot to record it!
    I cannot believe it! The first of a 2 parter ending the series and I miss it. I have yet to find anyone who recorded it. After waiting years for this series and I miss out an episode. GUTTED!
    If they had only put it in it's rightful spot - mid-evening I would have remembered.

14. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Swebby,

I have it on VHS if that's any use to you, if so, pm me with your details and I'll send it to you OK. :thumbsup:

15. swebby

swebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What can I say! I did not expect anyone to have saved a copy. You are my hero, Tardis. PM already sent, thank you.

16. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Swebby, have returned pm to you. :thumbsup:

17. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    If you love NYPD Blue contact channel 5 now to ask them to aquire the right to this excellent programme for channel whore(4) who dont respect their viewers needs by burying one of the greatest cop shows ever after midnight.

If they get enough contacts, they may go for it.

just imagine tuesday nights

9:00 pm CSI
    10:00 pm NYPD Blue
    11:00 pm The Shield

What a night that would be!!!! :clap:

customerservices@five.tv