1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NXT speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by djinn, Jan 11, 2002.

1. djinn

djinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had your reviews on the Mission fs2av but have come across other NXT speakers eg. Denon SCAV-F100 anyone with experience with these or any other NXT speakers and what do u think??

2. dts_boy

dts_boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    if you are reasoable sound quality this will rule out NXT speakers, short of the £2,500 Cyrus Icons! they just ain't good enough, the ideas nice but it will take a few more generations of the technology to get it sounding good. try the Energy take 5, even the Kef KHT2005 pacakges as alternatives!

3. mancubas

mancubas
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi

R U sure, What HI*FI & Home Entertainment gave the Mission FS2-AV a 5 star award and Home Cinema gave it the best buy award, surely all three reviewers can't be wrong.

I should be getting my Mission FS2-AV's delivered in a week, I will keep u updated on the sound quality etc.

4. MartinCo

MartinCo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    dts_boy - have you actually heard them?

the sound quality is excellent in the FS2-AV setup.. very happy with mine... very close call to the kefs that I also tested.
    also far more convenient & discrete in the way they can be wall mounted as well.

as mancubas says they were what hifi 5 star-ed last year, and only just lost out this year to the kefs (which are more expensive now anyway)... plus consistently good reviews across the board in most magazines.

they are a couple of generations on from previous NXT designs anyway, like the Wharfedales and some of the home PC designs.

djinn - the Denon sets are made by Mission for them, but are a cutdown design with lower powered speakers & sub. Dont think they are as multi-purpose in their fixing and bits provided in the kit either.

5. ZZR

ZZR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FS2's are excellent. Mission have recently come up with a multimedia system based on the same design, the mm1, which I reviewed recently. To my ears at least, it was what I would call hifi. (Not top-of-the-range extremely expensive hifi, but hifi none the less)