1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NXT flat panel speakers for rears

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by colinstone, May 3, 2003.

1. colinstone

colinstone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone tried using NXT flat panel speakers as rear speakers in a 5.1 set up??

Seems to be that it might have something to offer??

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I tried using Wharfedale Loud Panels in my 5.1 set up but found the results poor. Because the speakers are non directional it sounded odd. The other problem with these particular flat panels is they are large and difficult to get at ear level behind you ( too low to hang pictures).

Mylo

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If they are non-directional they could work well as sides (ie as in the THX spec- they recommend dipoles as sides)

4. avanzato

avanzato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I used loudpanels for about a year and they work pretty well. The sound fills the room so you get the surround effect from a large listening area.

The main problem is that they are large and you need to find a place to fit the subwoofer module which is a bit of a boom box. I used them with a PS1000 sub instead for a while and it was a noticable improvement.

If you want to experiment then try getting some ARC Sonare speakers, the last price I saw them for was £37 in Miller Bros for a whole 5.1 system. The sub isn't much good but the panels sound OK. My brother has them and is happy with the sound.