Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

nwhd3 wreckin my head PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ITidiot, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ITidiot

ITidiot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, i'm on the verge of kickin my nwhd3 to bits cos its such a piece of...badly designed rubbish. it has stopped letting me transfer cds on to it, it just does not recognise any cd-whats that about? also can anyone please enlighten me as to how i can change the names of some tracks and then transfer these changes onto the walkman....its all a mystery to me!
    thanks!!

2. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you say it isn't recognising CDs, do you mean the lack of track/artist names? As you need to be connected to the internet and signed up to Gracenote for it to do so.

If you want to change the track names, you can do it in the 'library' bit, where all the transfered cds are listed. You can click or double click on each track name to edit it, or right click and go to preferences on each CD. Something like that anyway.

3. Squaky

Squaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    U cant just rip tracks right off a cd and put them on the player. U need to use either sonic stage to convert them to atrac or atracplus or some other software to convert them to mp3, then when u connect the player it should automatically transfer them.

4. ITidiot

ITidiot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your help guys but i think my computer is broken. i should leave this I.T malarky to the experts (or those with half a notion of what they're at!)

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol fair enough, a lot of people blame ss and the hd3 for problems with their pc, tbh if you think how many different potential hardware,software,driver and os setups there can be that it works at all! there are bound to be issues.

6. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Do yourself a favour and ditch the virus ridden Gates Box :thumbsdow and get a MAC. :smashin:

Then get yourself an I-pod and use the lovely I-Tunes. :D

Put a cd in import it and then connect your i-pod and its downloaded.

Go on you know it makes sense. ;)

7. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,432
    No need for that..... All you need is a up to date running firewall = no problems.

8. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,432
    "it just does not recognise any cd-whats that about?" - I take it u actually mean your PC doesn't recognise CDs. As above have your internet connection on then Gracenote CDDB will fill in track info automatically. Unless u are putting in CD-Rs (copied CDs).

As for renaming tracks, when you are in the album i.e. viewing songs in album, right click on track name field and select rename.

For changes 2 be transferred, U need 2 transfer tracks u changed back 2 PC then transfer tracks back 2 HD3. Not as annoying as u would think, as HD3 has transfer rate of 8mb a sec or one song per sec 4 me.

ITidiot, you do know SS has a help feature right?............

9. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,489
    gerbilly - please let's not turn every thread into a "buy an iPod and throw everything else away" session !

10. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    John G it is only a bit of humour. As someone who uses both MAC's and PC's I would always advice people who worry about viruses, reliability of their computer hardware and software to get a MAC.
    Your digital music player is down to your own personal choice. The software for SS3 is a dog though and I find it odd that your computer mate doesnt automatically run Gracenote when you insert a CD like my MAC does.
    What operating system are you running on your PC.

11. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Which was funny for the first 20 times. Now we are on about the 50th, it's getting less funny each time.

12. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    If you look at my posts unlike some I do not say I dont like something unless I have tried it. I did audition all of the players and as you are aware I though the best sounding where the I-Pod and the I-River.

But we are all entitled to our opinions.

However I will always recommend to anyone to ditch their Gates Boxes for a MAC which in general are far more reliable and also not subject to the horrific amount of viruses that PC's are subject to.

13. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,489
    As long as it's relevant to the thread, then that's fine, but the answer to a problem about a Sony or Creative MP3 player shouldn't be "ditch it and get something else" !