1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nw3 remote trouble 35-elk

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Mar 9, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was reccomended to get this remote on this forum but now i have it it doesnt work properly. the controlls work ok at first but then odd stuff starts to happen, random fast forwarding/skipping and strangest of all, skipping back and forth between two tracks so i hear a second of one then the other then back etc etc. has anyone else had this trouble? im just a bit annoyed i spent £28 on something totaly useless.

2. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    I see form the other thread that you bought it off ebay from keykey2006 ?

D raux bought one off him as well and it had a dodgy button. The remote was also not new gathering from what he was saying.

It sounds like you've got a dodgy remote more than anything. For £28 the 35 is suspiciously cheap but that's ebay for you.

It's cheap if it works, not so if it doesn't. Hope you sort it out.

3. d_raux

d_raux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I confirm what Ekko Star said.

I got the RM-MC35ELK from keykey2006 and, although he/she is a very good ebayer, the unit I got was simply a piece of crap.

As I like to get things working on my own, I opened it up to check if anything could have gone wrong during shipping, and I discovered the remote had already been (severely) damaged and repared. (If you need instructions to open it, which is not easy (easy to break it), let me know)

I contacted keykey2006 to arrange the situation, which he/she did. I then ordered a 40ELK from sunnylife_jp (brand new in box) and I'm very pleased with it (it definitely IS the remote to get for HD1/HD3)

4. Scarylion

Scarylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    40ELK IS the Shiznat! :thumbsup:

5. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    Glad u sorted it out d raux !

Incidentally how much did you get the 40 in the end for ?

There simply is no other remote for the HD series. It's brilliant. :thumbsup:

6. d_raux

d_raux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't remember the exact price (should check my paypal account, but I'm a bit lazy today ;-)), something slightly above 60 USD

Ordered last friday early in the morning, received Tuesday, which is fast shipping IMO ! (from japan)

7. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

thats interesting to know, thanks a lot. if i open the thing up and i likely to be able to fix whatevers wrong though? i dont want to open it/break it and then have a total waste of money. I will probably contact keykey about it (i bought it off her.him too). a question about the 40ELK btw, can it navigate menus properly, between artists etc? also is there any word from sony about remotes? i heard that some accessories are likely to be released this month but does anyone know if that includes a remote?

8. d_raux

d_raux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In order to open it, two rules :

1. Be very careful
    2. Be very very careful ;-)

You have to unscrew the only visible (and small) screw. Then you have to pull the volume button (the cylindrical one). It's only clipped. Write down the order of the spring/plastic bits that comes along when you remove the volume button. Then unscrew the last screw you'll discover with the volume button removed. The two faces of the remotes are clipped with very small plastic clips, remove them, and voila, it's open. But I doubt you'll be able to fix anything (components are very very small), maybe you can open it up just to check your remote is in the same condition as the one I got from keykey

I don't know about future Sony offering concerning accessories, but I think that may be the point where they're loosing ground versus apple. It's almost impossible to find accessories for Sony products outside japan, and if you do, they come at a price ... Hope that'll change though

You CAN navigate the menus (artist/genre/album ...) on the remote using the jog dial exactly as you can on the player (even better I think)

david

9. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info but that sounds far too delicate for me, and i dont have the best track record for opening up stuff like that, well actualy i do its my track record of putting em back together thats a bit shaky lol.

the 40ELK is sounding better and better, i may even spend the insane ammount of money on it, i know if i do though it will be the day before sony bring out a great remote just for the hd3 for half the price lol.

thanks again for the info, i think ill contact keykey about it.