NW200 road race

I think the 201mph record will get smashed this year :clap:

Hopefully by Rutter :thumbsup:

I think it's due to be showery at the weekend ... :) and am presuming, in my extreme ignorance, that it will restrict speeds. The course and stands look great though... it really has developed in the last few years... :)

I think it's due to be showery at the weekend ... :) and am presuming, in my extreme ignorance, that it will restrict speeds. The course and stands look great though... it really has developed in the last few years... :)

Hopefully i get get to this, its always a great weekend but hopefully no tragedies like we had at the Tandagee 100. Martin Finnegan a great racer, RIP

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=fvxCzG7i0QU&feature=related

if it's greasy it can be a nightmare circuit:rolleyes:, mentally fast straights and some very technical bits. The 'public road' surface can play a huge part in the race.

It's not very often that I come in to the sports forum and its to bring bad news.

Robert Dunlop has had an accident tonight and is in hospital in a serious condition.

Sad News

oh crap :(

tough as nails these guys though so hopefully he will be ok :lease:

RIP mr Dunlop :(

a racer born and bred

RIP mr Dunlop :(

a racer, born and bred

I'm totally shocked by this news. Another great rider dying. I was at the Tandragee 100 a couple of weeks ago when Martin Finnegan died.

My thoughts are with the Dunlop family, another tragedy for them to cope with.

Very sad news. Report

R.I.P

well as an ex racer i got used to this when i rode in the i.o.m.
but it's been a long time since i had tears in my eyes,till now.

give your bruv a hug from me robert.
dennis.

Its getting out of control. They should end this road racing maddness and race on a proper track. Its not the same but it will at least save some lives.

Its getting out of control. They should end this road racing maddness and race on a proper track. Its not the same but it will at least save some lives.

this had nothing to do with the circuit,his bike siezed up and he was hit by a following rider.
this would have had the same result had it been on a *propper* circuit.

i speak from expierience.

this had nothing to do with the circuit,his bike siezed up and he was hit by a following rider.
this would have had the same result had it been on a *propper* circuit.

i speak from expierience.

Can it be argued that over the years the bikes have become alot more powerful, but the roads they race on have not been upgraded adequetly to cope?

I'm not trying to take anything away from this awful tragedy, but it just seems than over the last few yrs the number of riders dying from road racing seems to be increasing. I know it's always been dangerous, and there have always been deaths, just seems that every event now has a fatality.

(from a fan of road racing who has very limited experience in bike riding.)

Superbike race is about to start :clap:

600cc Supersport about to start now - Cheers for the link.

Sad news about Dunlop, condolences to his family and friends but he died doing what he obviously loved.

North West 200 results:

1. Michael Dunlop (Honda) 109.516 mph (average lap speed)
2. Christian Elkin (Honda) 109.420
3. John McGuinness (Honda) 109.352
4. Paul Robinson (Honda) 107.437
5. Andrew Neill (Honda) 107.274

Superbike (1)
1. Michael Rutter (Ducati) 122.609
2. Guy Martin (Honda) 122.534
3. John McGuinness (Honda) 122.520
4. Steve Plater (Yamaha) 122.498
5. Gary Johnson (Honda) 121.658

Supersport 600 (1)
1. Steve Plater (Yamaha) 117.723
2. Alastair Seeley (Yamaha) 117.466
3. Ian Lougher (Yamaha) 117.402
4. Ian Hutchinson (Yamaha) 117.364
5. Ryan Farquhar (Kawasaki) 117.340

What a fitting result from Michael Dunlop :clap:

Really sad news about Dunlop. R.I.P. :(

I agree with pixelpixel, such a great result from his son - and a great tribute to his father.

good rides from michael rutter ,well done blade:smashin:

(as mylo knows,i used to race against rutter's dad)
gawd now i feel ancient:eek:

was shocked when i heard about the death of Robert Dunlop, but i think these guys know the risks but they just have no fear. The biggest opposition to the change would probably come from the riders themselves. Robert Dunlop is a example of this, he had lost his brother, had a really bad accident himself but still kept racing until his own unfortunate accident. And today his son goes out and wins !!! Those road racers sure have balls !! RIP Robert

Can it be argued that over the years the bikes have become alot more powerful, but the roads they race on have not been upgraded adequetly to cope?
I thought that they would have got faster through the years but I was looking on the north west 200 websites past results the other night and the average speed has got slower now than it was in the 70's and 80's.

In saying that Michael Dunlops speed today comes close to the speeds that they were getting in them days, last load of years listed on the site for 250cc have had average speeds of around 104mph.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom