1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nw-hd5h + Mdr-ex81sl

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by city, Jul 30, 2005.

1. city

city

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi All

I have just recieved my NW-HD5H (30GB) and Sony MDR-EX81SL headphones.
    Having previously had a mini ipod I have to say the difference in sound quality is noticeable and much better in my opinion with the Sony kit than the ipod.
    30GB in such a small device is remarkable battery life is great the indicator has not moved after several hours playing.
    Player from Dixons on from net £190 delivered.
    Headphones from http://www.atlantic2u.net
    £30 delivered. Both arrived within a few days.
    Disabled the noise limiter easily enough.
    I was initially put off the ex81 headphones from reports of lack of bass but inserted correctly I have no complaints about the bass.

From my initial use I don't think sonicstage 3.2 (downloaded) is any quirkier than itunes the software seems quite straight-forward and simple to me.

At the moment no downsides to the purchases.

Well Chuffed.

:D :D :D :D :D

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,224
  3. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    I'm receiving a set of MDR-EX81SL's as a gift next week.

Have to confess I'm a little unsure about the over the ear loop design so it's good to read positive reports about them on here.

4. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over the ear loop design ROCKS! Especially if it's the newer sort Sony have released, where the bit that goes around/over your ear is rubbery and flexible. It's as secure as hard plastic, but more comfortable - and the added bonus is that if you accidentally sit on your headphone cord, the phones just drop neatly off your ears rather than yanking the wiring connectors out and thus knackering them!

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Without wishing to dampen your enthusiasm, city, could I direct you, please, to my thread 'Repeat even with Repeat OFF'? If you'd care to try out what I suggest there, you may - or may not - find a software glitch.

Your testing of this would be much appreciated :thumbsup: