1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5H - Can it display a black screen / white text?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by KeanosMagicHat, Jul 4, 2005.

1. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    I've just recently received an NW-HD5HS and I wanted to have the screen Black with White text like the unit depicted on the box and in these pictures:

http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/catalog/42/4294F9EB545500D6000000002BC29B8F.jpg

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/resources/images/products/0032700/0032794_03_lrg.jpg

I've changed the "Invert Screen" option to "Negative" but adjusting the contrast I can't seem to get the screen black.

The closest I get is a sort of dolphin grey.

This is a little annoying as on my NW-HD1 you can get a crystal clear dark green screen with light green text.

I guess this is either a problem with my unit or I could have set it up incorrectly or, finally, the pictures are misleading and it is not possible.

Any thoughts please?

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just double checked mine and it's pretty black. It's probably not as black as the night, being a shade greyer perhaps but it's a long way from dolphin! Though in fairness the pictures you link to are much darker than my screen...

3. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Welcome to the world of backlit LCD!

4. sohc

sohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    imo, the screen looks almost purple. this is very apparent on some professional pics out there on the net.