1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5H and 'On the go' playlists

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by realslimcookie, Aug 18, 2005.

1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Does anybody know, without using SS, how to create a playlist 'on the move' on the nw-hd5h. I tried to add a song to a playlist whilst it was playing and it just says no track.

Regards,

Realslimcookie.

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When listening, push and hold the up arrow. It'll ask you where to bookmark to (a form of playlisting). Select 1-5, and it goes quiet for a split sec, then it's bookmarked. Go to playlists later to replay this track.

3. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers Shadowritten, i shall try it once i recharged it alittle. I don't suppose you know what the unit option within the options menu is all about.

Cheers again,

Realslimcookie

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    *** Happy NW-HD5H owner and a supporter of SS..and Hull City. ***
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

4. ak47wong

ak47wong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Do you have a manual? It's explained on page 48. It's worth reading up on it.

Andrew

5. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    There is no on-the-go playlist on the HD5, at least as far as it is implemented on the likes of Creative, Apple, iAudio, Rio etc players.

6. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Shadowrittens solution has sorted it for me, what you can do is what he has quite rightly written, you play the song and then whilst it is playing you add it to 1 of 5 playlists that can contain 100 bookmarks in each list.

Thanks for all your replies,

Realslimcookie.

p.s. Maybe i should read the manual at some point :)

7. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I'm amazed you actually bother doing that, but hey, good luck to you. On the iPod, I just hold down the click button on a track or folder to add it to the OTG playlist... no need to be playing. The Rio allows me to do full playlisting on the move. The Creative, ditto. The iAudio gives me a menu option at any stage in navigation to add the item to the OTG playlist.

8. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - almost every player does it better than the Sonys ...

9. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you'll know by now 'cos you read the manual (right? :smashin: ), Unit just means Album, or Artist, or Genre, or Tracks, or ... you get the picture. Putting it on means the playback won't move outside your selected parameter. So, choose to play just one album, and that's all you'll play. And vice versa ...

10. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Haven't read the manual yet... I like to find things out blindly, always have always will. Thanks for the info about the UNIT option. I have been playing around with playlists setting up different ones to suit different moods.

Regards to all,

Realslim cookie

11. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Often the best way to learn, just playing around and discovering how stuff works. Bit dangerous on a PC though, which is how I learned to use them (somewhat painfully at first!).

12. drmoze

drmoze
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I disagree completely. The best way to learn (especiually for electronics, which tend to have many hidden features and quirks) is to give the manual a once-through. That tells you straight off what the device can do, and how to do it. Then, if a question comes up later, you know that it can be done and a quick lookup is all that's needed.

"Just playing around" will not reveal a lot of functions, nor how to do things efficiently. Although many people seem to have an aversion to manuals (and try to assert that they can figure things out on their own), reading manuals is simply the most efficient and thorough way to really learn how to operate a piece of equipment (or software).

13. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some very strong views there, drmoze. And while I broadly agree (despite my cheerily-intended, gently flippant previous post), can I ask if you've read the HD5's manual? There are sections in there that would have the Clear English Society (or whatever they're called) chucking themselves off tall buildings.

But, I fear we've strayed off topic ...