Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

NW-HD5H and atrac3plus 128?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Castar, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just downloaded Sonicstage 3.2 and ripped an album in atrac3plus 128kbps to test it with my new NW-HD5H. I wanted to use this bitrate instead of the old atrac3 132kbps. It surprised me that the new files had to be converted to atrac3plus 64kbps!!!

Shall I hope for a future firmware update (I have 1.2 already) ?.... This bitrate choosing thing has started to become really frustrating:confused:...

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good move waiting for the firmware upgrade - I think Sony have got ahead of themselves, issuing a new version of SonicStage before dealing with how the current players are going to handle the new bitrates!

3. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +553
    Apparently the only one of the new bitrates that works is ATRAC3plus 192K as confirmed in the thread below post 7 and 19.

http://www.atraclife.com/index.php?showtopic=42

As for the others I would expect them to be added in a future firmware update as shadowritten says.

4. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, the fact that 192 is there probably means that all of the rest bitrates will soon be there too.

Btw, any comparisons between 128kbps atrac3plus and 128kbps mp3? Besides the gapless play ;)...