1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5 trade prices

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by nadface, Jun 19, 2005.

1. nadface

nadface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hey!

I've got a chance to be able to buy a HD5 at trade price (mate of a mate owns an electrical retailer) but before I confront him to be able to ask him would any of you be able to hazard a guess at how much they'd expect the trade price to come in at around?

Only just surfaced around these forums even for lurking purposes earlier on in the week but they seem friendly enough to be worth sticking about in!

Ta! :)

2. Blackspeech

Blackspeech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No idea on price - but how good a mate is he?

We are like one big family here...like the Waltons...so considering u are part of that family now - would like to see you pass some of the benefits of your friendly relationship onto the rest of us. :D

3. img

img

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    it will depend what kinda discount he gets about 145+vat maybe

4. nadface

nadface

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Haha, I'm all well and good with "sharing the wealth" and whatnot, but it's evident from my post that he's not a good enough mate to be approachable with mere queries about the stuff that I want to buy prior to me parting with cash in the first place. :(

img - is that an informed opinion, or a random guess?

Cheers!

5. bigriggers

bigriggers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    When I worked in a small electrical shop, Sony retail price came from adding 5% onto the trade price, then VAT. Shops differ however, our 5% might be 10% to him, and some people actually refer to trade price when they mean cost price, which is a percentage dependant on which product group it is. I think for portable audio it was about 24%, which was added onto cost to get trade.