1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5 Text/languages

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by reuvenbrom, Aug 21, 2005.

1. reuvenbrom

reuvenbrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Quick question.. does the NW-HD5 display text from other languages besides English? I have lots of mp3's with Korean and Japanese text in the their file info. Thanks!

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    I know it shows Japanese fine - not sure about Korean though.

3. Pesky6

Pesky6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It supports many national languages and, as i knew, Korean and Japanese too.

4. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I have found a faint support for Greek too. BUT, the problem is that SonicStage cannot import anything in Greek :thumbsdow . I don't really understand why...

5. Pesky6

Pesky6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What your mean?
    I import my mp3`s with with national id-tags (russian). It work without any promblen both in SS and HD5.

6. reuvenbrom

reuvenbrom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just so you guys know, my SS didnt initially accept mp3's in Korean, I had to change my regional settings to Korean, location to Korea, and currency to Korean, and I also had to install version 3.1 from the overseas website.

im not sure if installing the overseas version was necessary, but the bottom line is SS didnt accept Korean mp3's without doing a lot of work..

as for the HD5 player, has anyone actually seen it display characters in Korean? I just want to be sure before my player arrives this week.

7. Pesky6

Pesky6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Korean is NOT one of the languages you can select in the Options. I am not sure, but my bet is that it CAN'T display Korean letters... You can choose from Japanese, English, French, German, Italian and Spanish (for models available in the EU at least) - there might be different languages on HD5's sold in Asia or elsewhere. :)