NW-HD5 & Sonic Stage Crashing...grrr

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Matty, May 5, 2007.

1. Matty

Matty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I've searched the forum and I can't see any recent results regarding the problems with Sonic Stage crashing, especially with the most recent versions.

So, I've got SS 4.3 installed and I've had to wipe my NW-HD5. But I'm struggling to transfer my music back to the player - I've tried transferring 5 albums, all of them, none of them - it just simply disappears. I've got a pretty super-fast PC (2Ghz RAM, Dual-Core AMD 3.8 CPU etc) with nowt else running....and all to no avail.

Anyone got any suggestions? Should I just give up on SS and try a different program? :lease:

thanks!

2. peterjf

peterjf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I can't offer a solution, unfortunately - but I have recently been having the same issue with my HD1 on my PC at home.

I think the problem is a gremlin somewhere in my SonicStage database. I have recently been putting some tracks onto an SS library on my work PC by simply copying the .OMA files across, and this seems to work OK with the HD1 (as there is no copy protection on any of my files). However, one the one occasion that I put my entire library on my work PC, the problem with the HD1 occurred again.

Unfortunately, creating a new SS library in this way is not really an option as I have about 1100 CDs in it. As about 90% of these are compilations, it is extremely time-consuming to import these to SS as SS splits the tracks into artists and they have to be re-grouped.

3. Jonny Hammer

Jonny Hammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had problems with the latest version of SS (?CP), I kept getting missing file messages when trying to open.

I tried reinstalling CP but no luck, ended up copying the "packages" folder and reinstalling the original version of SS from the supplied CD.

All OK now, at the moment - at least I don't have to reload another 19GB!

Jonny