1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5: slow uploading problems

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cmurr13, Sep 26, 2005.

1. cmurr13

cmurr13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just finished ripping all my CD's and tried to upload the collection to a NW-HD5. I started it and let it go over night (10+ hours) and it still only transfered 15 CD's worth. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong. I can't imagine it should take that long.

2. dissembled

dissembled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It'll go faster with a USB 2.0 type connection.

3. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Yes, it depends what computer do You have? If You have USB 2.0, and it still isn't working properly, install Service Pack 2 (if using Windows XP).

4. aherbjornsen

aherbjornsen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What format did you rip to?
    I startet off ripping everything to ATRAC3+ 96kbps (which was presented as a valid bitrate by SonicStage). I then also noticed that transferring to my HD5 took a long time. After a little while I realized this is because the HD5 does not support 96kbps ATRAC3+, so all files had to be converted to 64kbps before they were transferred. This was not too obvious and Sony could definitely have documented this limitation better.

Anders