1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nw-hd5 playlist - I need help!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by chacko, Jun 29, 2005.

1. chacko

chacko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I've never been quite so confused with a user manual for an mp3 player before so here goes....

Quite simply, what is the easiest way to create an on-the-go playlist consisting of 2/3 albums with the tracks played in shuffle order on the HD5?

thanks in advance,

2. micaab

micaab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    while playing the track that you want added to a playlist, hold down the the UP navigation button, select which playlist you want to add it too with the UP/DOWN buttons and then press the PLAY/PAUSE button and the track will be playlisted.

using this method, you can't add whole albums at a time only track by track

i'm just not sure how to clear an individual entry from a playlist!!!!

AB

3. craigybabes

craigybabes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, had the player 3 days now...it does seem to be a little basic in operation (I've never used an iPod so can't compare) but I'm getting my head round it.

On the question of removal from player playlists (Bookmarks) from "MENU/Edit Bookmark... you can Clear individual tracks or the entire bookmark.

The best advice I can offer overall is get hold of Tag&Rename and double check all tags (esp. Artist/Album) before transferring to the player. SonicStage is too slow and rudimentary if your dealing with 100s of albums (I've already used 22Gb on the player!)

One thing to be wary of is compilations with individual Artist names - even if you mark each track as a compilation (pain in the a**) the player still marks them seperately under browse by Artist which'll only wear out the scroll buttons...and we don't want to encourage cracks to appear LOL.

4. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If I remember correctly, it's the same procedure as when you add a song to a list but you hold down instead of up.

5. chacko

chacko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow, that does seem like an incredibly inefficient way for sony to implement this feature, lets hope they sort it out with a new firmware release! 2 more questions: what is the significance of the 'unit' on/off button and what does the 'shuffle items' mode do compared to 'shuffle tracks'?

6. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    With unit on, when you shuffle you'll only shuffle with in that unit where you pressed play. E.g. shuffle all with genre rock or shuffle all of one artist. Shuffle tracks shuffles tracks as it suggests shuffle items though will play say a whole album (possibly artist or genre too, depending on where you press play but I've not tried it) and then pick a different unit at random and play that, be it a different album or genre etc.

7. chacko

chacko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you :thumbsup:

8. laurenc467

laurenc467

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    is there anyway that you can change the name of the bookmarks?
    i can't remember which bookmark i have which songs on
    please help.

:lease:

thanks

9. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    where can i get the latest firmware?