1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5 now in Makro for £176 inc vat

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by smashed, May 25, 2005.

1. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
  2. cucumberuk

cucumberuk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks smashed.

I originally ordered from Amazon, but the were giving me an outrageous delivery estimate even though it was advertised as 'dispatched in 24hours'. I'v had problems with delayed deliveries b4 so I cancelled after reading your post.

The Makro Preston branch had some in when I rang but they wouldn't reserve and only had a handful.

As a result I went for svcdirect.co.uk. excellent service. Ordered at 1:30pm on Wednesday, delivery attempted 12:05pm on Thursday. A snip at £166.98 including delivery. Unfortunately I wasn't in to receive it, so I'll finally get my hands on it tommorrow.

However, I'm starting to think it may have been beeter to get it from Makro in light of the cracks appearing in HD5 buttons (see http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215060&page=5). It would be less hassle to return. Anyway let's hope I'm one of the lucky ones.

Cheers again.

3. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    No worries mate...
    Hope it gives years of faultless use.
    Bought a 2nd from Makro for a mate who was highly impressed by it yesterday.
    His has a small blemish on the volume increase button though. Its like a little lump on the top of it.
    Nevermind

4. badobsession81

badobsession81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so wots the verdict?! hd5 ok or not? compared to ipod?

im so confused. i dont mind too much about the capacity (as id be ok with 6Gbipod mini or hd5) - i have 3.2Gb of music at mo.

but have heard a lot of probs with hd5

5. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

i really really doubt thats a problem its meant to be like that the hd3 and my sony cd player have the same thing, i think its so you can check whats volume op and whats voulme down without looking, i think its a great featuer myself and not a defect at all.