1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5 language question

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by fender, May 9, 2005.

1. fender

fender

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I'm new here, and lately I've been shopping on ebay for an NW-HD3 (preferably red). I'm really starting to lean towards the HD5 now, but I'm a little worried about ordering it from Japan. I won't be able to read the manual, so how will I be able to convert it to English? Also, I looked at some of the pictures of it converted to english and everything, but there's still Japanese writing near the top :( ..I kind of want to do that volume unlock thing too, but I'm afraid that the menu will be different on the HD5.

Well, if anybody can help me out with some of these questions, it will be greatly appreciated.

2. ohms

ohms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey...yeah i was thinkin the same too...but ive decided against it...the nw hd5 will be out this month...so ure better waiting. i also emailed sony about it and they said this (about warranty etc)

Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I would like to inform you that Sony does not operate a worldwide guarantee.
    Normally the guarantee is only applicable in the country in which the product is
    purchased. Here, in the United Kingdom, the Sony European Guarantee provides
    cover during the first 12 months for products purchased anywhere within the
    European Union.

For any purchase made outside the European Union, service attention will only be
    considered as a gesture of goodwill, in accordance with the terms and conditions
    set out in the warranty certificate supplied with the product. If there is no
    warranty certificate, International Limited Warranty Conditions will be applied,
    which provides for 90 days labour and 12 months parts. Sony Central Service
    will supply any service required for the NW-HD5.

The service attention provided is conditional on a valid proof of purchase being
    submitted and that the parts for the repair can be obtained. It should be
    noted that the repair might take longer than normal if non-UK parts need to be
    obtained. Please also note that neither the Sony European Guarantee nor the
    International Limited Warranty covers transportation costs.

If any modifications or conversions have been undertaken on the product, Sony
    United Kingdom Limited will provide no support towards the repair.

Please also note that the software supplied in Japan differs from the UK version
    in that it will probably be just in Japanese and will not allow you to log on to
    the music download site, Sony Connect.

3. fender

fender

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh..yea that does it for ordering the HD5 from Japan. I live in Canada and you can only get the HD1 here :thumbsdow , so that's why I'm buying off of ebay. I was planning to get this for a birthday present too (which is May 14th) so I'm not going to bother waiting for it to come out as it probably won't here.