1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5, headphone/remote options?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by iBankAllDay, Jun 1, 2005.

1. iBankAllDay

iBankAllDay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Instead of hijacking other threads which touch on this topic, I thought it would be easier to create a new one.

Basically, what headphones with remotes, are compatible with the HD5? Is it the same ones as the HD1 & HD3? It's just I cannot find a decent list to clarify which ones are compatible or indeed worth buying (perhaps looking in the wrong places :rolleyes: ), so can someone please help?

Suggestions please! :)

2. iBankAllDay

iBankAllDay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one? :lease:

3. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, any of these should be fine; RM-MC38EL, RM-MC35ELK - best one would be RM-MC40ELK - there might be more, but I don't know for sure... Get them on eBay for half the price...

4. Nigel Nash

Nigel Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The RM-MC40ELK works fine. I got mine today, and it appears to do all the functions that the main player does. Also the display lights up blue, which does it for me.

5. kyussone

kyussone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep that blue does rock, much nicer than the usual green, i picked up the 40elk remote from ebay for under 40 shipped brand new,and it really is quite comprehensive in its functions, for those that can't be bothered to ebay it, my local sony store can order them within the week for a bargain 85 quid, or '....if you pay up front, you can have one for £80!!' the jokers.

6. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Everyone's weighted in with the remote compatibility already. I use the MC40, which I think is the only remote really worth using (although the others are more compact, but much fiddlier to navigate with).

Headphone wise, you're limited compared to iRiver, Creative, iPod et al but there's still a decent selection out there for any budget. Mention how much and I'm sure you'll be buried in opinions. Searching in the headphone section would work too.

7. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe how expensive remotes are! When I bought my md sooooooo many years ago I got one! and then I gave it to my friend because the md broke...but anyway! I so shouldn't have given it away, but then again I doubt it would work with my hd5