1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD5 displaying Japanese characters

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Rabid Child, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Rabid Child

Rabid Child

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Some of the tracks I am trying to transfer to my NW-HD5 have names written in Japanese characters, and these will not be transferred. Does anyone know if it's possible to get these tracks onto the player (short of renaming them in english)?

Cheers

RC

2. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine copies and displayes names in japanese. I assume you use sonicstage. For some reason it wont allow you to add songs into the library that have japanese characters in the actual file name....So just remove any japanese character in the actual file name and then you can add it. You can still have the tag with japanese characters in it. In sonicstage the japanese characters come up as question marks, ????, but when you transfer it to the player it will show the correct japanese symbols. It looks cool too.
    It would be nice if Sony made a patch to support japanese characters in Sonicstage itself.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    maybe if someone e-mails them? I would but then don't have any music with Jap characters in the filename.....

Anyway Sony are far too busy. They're preparing SS 3.2 for UK release and also in making SS the best damn music managing software ever. :)

4. Rabid Child

Rabid Child

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Sasso - that worked a treat!

I will get on to Sony about this.

5. Alcahest

Alcahest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The NW-HD5 totally supports japanese filename and tags. Sonic Stage is the culprit here. YOu might want to try to run Sonic Stage through Applocale [ http://alcahest.club.fr/perso/apploc/applocale.html ], that's the way I use Toshiba AUdio Application to upload Japanese tracks or with Japanese tags to my Gigabeat G40 and it works a treat.
    Later,

Alcahest