1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 What 'Sound' Setting do you use?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by TommoK, Apr 28, 2005.

1. TommoK

TommoK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was just interested to know what setting in the 'Sound' menu other people use.

I generally like a little more bass and so use +2 Bass, +1 Treble in the Digital Sound Preset option.

What sounds best does vary quite drastically from track to track and I have found that the 'off option sometimes sounds best.

I use Shure E2C phones.

2. flamejob

flamejob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    basically iv just ramped the whole equaliser up to max.. ill be usin E3c's when i get them!

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    I don't use any EQ settings, though I have volume limit off. Funny, mate complained HD3 wasn't loud enough even with limit off (senn MX500 'phones). So I used custom EQ, ramped everything up and finally its loud enough. :)

4. flamejob

flamejob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well iv just plugged a pair of E3c's into my HD3 and HOORAH, at last im gettin the volume i deserve!! :clap:

i can only have the vol at 60to 70% max before my ears cry for mercy.. 50% is adequate for most tracks.. these earphones are a bit special .... my songs are now cuttin loose and free and the sound isolation is awesome when the disposeable foam plugs are used.. im gettin a full range of noise on each song .. and the bass certainly makes it presence felt although could do with a bit more oomph perhaps but im not really complainin!

my gripes with the HD3 are over.. coupled with E3C's iv got a good little fightin unit here. :hiya:

5. nasanu

nasanu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While we are on the topic..

I have just upgreaded my HD1 to HD3 firmware and I am wondering what is the difference between the digital sound eq and the custom eq. They seem to do the same thing but with different graphics?...

6. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,222
    this is how I understand it. digital sound to change bass/treble levels or dynamics if you will.
    In manual, Sony claims sound eq does this too. But I found sound eq changes the volume level of bass/treble. If you bump everything upto max on sound eq, you'll find music sounds louder but not different.
    Hope you understand what I mean