1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 Timer setting? & software upgrade soon?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by garth_newton, Feb 23, 2005.

1. garth_newton

garth_newton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all. I used to have an iRiver H340. It had a great feature on it called a timer. At night i could set it up to play for an hour then automatically turn off...... Great to listen to tunes whilst drifting off to sleep.
    Does anyone know if it is possible do this with the NW-HD3.

Is it something that may be included in Sony's next software upgrade?

actually, has anyone heard if Sony is bringing out a software upgrade soon? I will be buying the NW-HD3 soon and hope that i won't experience some of the problems that are cited on this and other web sites.

2. jimrie

jimrie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can set it to 'Play Unit' mode so it will play an album (or any tunes in a folder) before switching off.

Hope this helps.

3. garth_newton

garth_newton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks jimrie. but what i want to be able to do is set the unit to play for about 60 to 90 minutes, then turn off. many albums are only 40 to 60 minutes. is it possible to set the unit to play more than one album then turn off without playing a whole playlist, genre or entire collection? actually i don't even mind if the same album is repeated to play twice then turn off - i just want longer than one album's length - because it often takes me a long time to fall asleep.
    thanks