1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 supports unicode display?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by pagoda, Apr 20, 2005.

1. pagoda

pagoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if the sony NW-HD3 fully supports the display of unicode characters on its screen. I.e., If I have an MP3 with a unicode (korean or chinese) ID3 tag or a unicode file name, could the player properly display the actual characters rather than ????.

Also, does it depend where I buy the unit in terms of unicode support? Will an unit from the US be able to perform these functions?

Thanks a lot!

2. peteyoung

peteyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry cant help you with unicode but i read from sony that the screen wont display '/' or '\' but mine does! lol

3. Calza

Calza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mines does too! :cool: or have you just read something wrong :oops:

4. cykalan

cykalan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it does display chinese, japanese too. korean i am not too sure but probably yes. not sure if it supports mixed chinese/japanese/korean tags in a single file too, so i can't say for sure it have full unicode support.

for chinese, about 90% of the words can be displayed, but for some reason there are some of them can't be displayed properly.

5. pagoda

pagoda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's good to know that it can support unicode tags.

However, are there any problems with transferring files with unicode file names through Sonic Stage?

Thanks again!