1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NW-HD3 SS 2.3 - Recording Mix Albums

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by TommoK, Jun 12, 2005.

1. TommoK

TommoK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I know I've read this somewhere on here before but have spent about half an hour searching but can't find it.

How can you record a mix album but not have every single individual artist of each track in the ARTIST menu (as this just clogs it up if you have lots of comp albums with 100's of different artists.

I know you can right click and go to 'Properties' and change the name of all the tracks on a comp to one particular name (ie 'Various Artists') but then you completely lose all information about the artist of each track. I thought there was some way that you could automatically transfer the artist info into another field??

Make sense?

Reading it back it doesn't make much sense to me actually! :rolleyes:

2. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
  3. rigger123

rigger123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    no, i totally understand what you mean! i have the headbangers compilation album, but when i enter the artists name into sonicstage and transfer to my player i get all the artists up in the menu even though theres only one song for them. i'd like it to be under headbangers but still keep the artist info for when the tracks are playing.
    im definately gonna try the advice in mcfarfs link, thanks mcfarfs!

4. TommoK

TommoK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still a bit confused how the advice in that link works out - does it solve the problem you have mentioned, which was what I was trying to say?

When I change the artist name in the way mentioned - it just changes every track to that name and loses the original individual artists names for each track completely :confused:

5. rigger123

rigger123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    actually im not so sure, im too tired too make sense of it lol. i figured i'd give it a bash in the morning and see what happens but after reading it again i think your right.

6. rigger123

rigger123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i think what your supposed to do is go into all tracks and change each artist name individually, but without trying it im still not sure if this will overcome our original problem, ie multiple unesecary artists.

7. mcfarfs

mcfarfs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Sorry I didn't really read your original post properly, so my link is of no use whatsover!!! Sorry to waste your time!

You will either have to put up with having loads of artists on the artists menu (which doesn't bother me as I search by Album), or change it to Various, or something similar. There is no way around this, I'm afraid!

8. TommoK

TommoK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for clarifying :smashin:

9. snakebyte

snakebyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever I want to do a mix album, I just put the name of the artist and the song in the title tag, and set the artist and album tag to the name of the compilation.

That way, everything is grouped by compilation rather than splitting up into artists.

Not the best solution, but the most convenient I could find.