Nw-hd3 Repair - Help!!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Christian PMA, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Christian PMA

Christian PMA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi. im new to these forums, but ive lurked for a while and im constantly amazed at how much you guys know, heh. so i thought id shoot a problem i have to you and see if anyone could help!

i have an nw-hd3 that i got from a friend who ordered it on the internet.. suffice to say that alone means no warranty, as i dont have any of the documents. its worked perfectly though, until NOW..

i woke up one day to find that my headphone jack was malfunctioning, and the contacts inside it were loose, so that the only way to get stereo sound was to push on the headphone plug while it was plugged in. not ideal! i decided to try and open the player to fix it, as i dont have any other options.

i havent opened it all the way yet, but i already have trouble getting the top plastic cover back on.. does anyone have experience with this??

also, anyone know what and where my problem is, and how to fix it without exploding or destroying the player? my musical life depends on you!

THANKS

2. Christian PMA

Christian PMA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Christian PMA

Christian PMA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok, ive opened the player using the service manual i found on the 'net.
    the problem is obviously inside the headphone jack. does anyone know what i could do? what am i looking for?
    is there any sort of contact spray or adaptor i could use so that i can get stereo sound again?

as of now, i cant listen to the player without trying to fiddle with it§!!

4. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can try some contact switch spray - I bought some fom Maplins (UK), but here's something simailar on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PCB-Switch-Co...itemZ7596121561QQcategoryZ11809QQcmdZViewItem

You just spray some inside the jack, and on the plug, which you then insert, wiggle around and extract a few times.

That's used mainly for getting rid of static build up, though if your headphone jack is physically damaged it might need to be replaced.